If you’re currently using a PayPal™ “Personal” account, your attendees will have to have their own PayPal accounts in order to buy tickets to your event.
Upgrading to a PayPal “Business” Account will allow your ticket buyers the option of paying through their own PayPal accounts, or making a one-time credit card purchase without a PayPal account.
It’s a good idea to give your ticket buyers an option, so they can still buy tickets for your event if they don’t have a PayPal account.
Note: If you elect to use a PayPal “Personal” account, our call center will not be able to assist customers in purchasing tickets for your event, as we cannot ask for a customer’s PayPal login and password to process the payment.
Upgrade to a PayPal Business Account on PayPal.com
1. Log into your PayPal account. In the upper right corner, tap the wheel-shaped Profile icon immediately to the left of the log out button.
2. To the lower left of the screen, locate Account Options.
3. Under account options, tap the blue Upgrade to a Business account link.
4. Follow the step-by-step instructions to upgrade your PayPal account. In order for the integration to be complete, you will need to finish the items on your to-do list under your Business Profile on PayPal.
5. Confirm your mobile number and your email address.
6. Add your bank account under Banks and Cards.