1. If you don’t have a MailChimp account, create one. Use the same email address as the one connected to your Brown Paper Tickets account.
2. After creating your account, start a list of email contacts. In your MailChimp account, select Lists in the menu at the top.
3. Select the gray Create List button at the top far right and fill out the fields with the correct information. Under Settings, you can change your list name and campaign defaults, including the format recipients will receive your emails. We recommend letting your recipients choose between plain text and HTML.
4. To migrate your attendees’ email addresses from Brown Paper Tickets into your MailChimp lists, log into your Brown Paper Tickets account. Move the cursor over Reports at the top of the page and select Attendee Lists.
5. Select your event from the drop down menu and tap Select Event.
6. Locate the shaded box with the Complete List, select Complete List. Select Download in the shaded box. Download and import these emails into MailChimp.
Once you have imported your mailing list contacts, you will be able to create an invitation for these subscribers.
7. Log into your Brown Paper Tickets account and choose Manage Your Events from the sidebar.
8. Select Go next to the event you want to promote via an email newsletter.
9. Tap Promote on the menu bar at the top of the page.
10. Tap the MailChimp button. Login with your MailChimp credentials. If it logs you out of Brown Paper Tickets, log back in and try again.
11. Select the mailing list that you want to send your promotional email to, or just to add your contacts into. To prevent spam, your contacts will receive an email confirming their subscription, so you might not see them on your list right away.
12. Select a one-column or two-column layout. You can play around and customize it to your aesthetics later. Review your information and select Continue.
Congratulations. Your event info is now imported to MailChimp and you’re ready to design and send email newsletters to your attendees.