ONLINE: The Big Life: Authenticity and Personal Greatness (Foundations Members Only)
NOTE: This will be an online class via Zoom. Zoom information will be sent to all participants one hour before the event.
The Big Life: Authenticity and Personal Greatness
with Master Silver Gryphon
Date: Monday Sept 28th
Time: 7:00pm-9:00pm (Doors open at 6:30pm)
Who: Foundations students only
What: Foundations remote class
Where: Wicked Grounds Annex online
How: Register for a ticket here
There are four basic kinds of lives: a customary life (doing what I should do), a life of creativity (artist, builder, engineer), a life of hedonism (marine biology for an ocean-lover), and a life of ministration and benefaction. The last of the four is the big life, a life devoted to something bigger than yourself. BDSM practitioners often seek community that is deeper than simply a shared interest in kink. That desire suggests an inclination for a big life. This class examines how living a big life with authenticity leads to achieving our personal greatness
In the late 70's, Silver Gryphon (SG) discovered the San Francisco leather community and sought education the only way that was available then, by apprenticing to a gay leather couple. Since then, many others have contributed to his education, notably including several dozen who have served him over the years. He graduated from the Journeyman 3 Academy and has been the Headmaster of Leather Quest in San Francisco. He created and has been facilitating Human Alive for 10 years, a weekly program that supports authenticity in authority-exchange relationships.
The online safety and privacy of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Because of this, class sizes will be limited to 20 students. IDs and Boot cards will be checked upon admittance. This will be done securely so that only one member of Foundations staff will view your ID. Also, we will require all participants to be on video, no audio only option. Though Foundations will do everything in our power to protect your privacy, we cannot absolutely guarantee online security.
This class is donation based, similar to our in-person classes. No one turned away for lack of funds. But please give what you can, and if you are able, we suggest a $20 donation. Select an amount when registering for a ticket. 100% of the donations will go to Wicked Grounds, to support them sticking around for the kink community.
Instructions for joining:
1. Register for a ticket here.
2. Please give a donation while registering if you are able.
3. You will be sent a confirmation email, and another email one hour before the event with the login information for the class on Zoom.
4. Join class promptly at 6:30pm. You will be admitted to a Zoom waiting room, please wait patiently. One at a time door check in from 6:30pm-7:00pm. Doors will close at 7:00pm promptly, no late admittance.
Expectations during the class:
1. Class Protocols will be followed (some protocols will be modified for online class).
2. Keep yourself muted when not talking.
3. We must be able to see your face (video) at all times. There will be a break during class.
4. Only the students who register may attend the class. Please move out of visual/auditory range of co-dwellers.
5. During class, please refrain from using the Zoom chat feature unless instructed by a Foundations Admin team member.
6. DO NOT record or take screenshots during the online class.
We are excited to offer this further chance of connection for the Foundations community!
The next class on Monday October 12th will be Brattiness with Echo
NOTAFLOF - $30. Advance tickets required through Brown Paper Tickets.
Zoom does not provide closed captioning, however we recommend the Live Transcribe App. It is free, easy to use, and works well with virtual events.
This will be a live, online class offered through Zoom. To participate, you will need to download the free, basic version of the Zoom app before the class! This class will not be recorded and is not available for later viewing.
Wicked Grounds Annex ONLINE
Online Access Information
You will be provided instructions to access the digital content for this event. When and how these instructions are delivered to you is determined by the Event Organizer. To ensure access, use an up-to-date email address and avoid unsubscribing from email updates. See our Help Center
for more information.
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|