WHISKY FRINGE 2020
If viewing this on a mobile device please note you will only be able to purchase mobile tickets. Physical or print at home tickets are available ONLY from the standard/desktop site.
7th, 8th & 9th August 2020 - 2pm to 6pm
Royal Mile Whiskies' annual Whisky Fringe tasting event is now 20 years old and still manages to attract people from all over the world to Edinburgh.
Come along to the beautiful Mansfield Traquair (a former church with magnificent murals by Phoebe Anne Traquair) to sample some of the best whiskies around. Over 30 distillers will be on show with a total of more than 250 drams available to taste. Please do not even consider attempting to sample them all! We recommend selecting a few that catch your eye in the detailed programme which we will email to you a couple of days prior to the event (make sure you provide us with a valid email address). Alternatively, put yourself in the exhibitors' expert hands and allow them to recommend a dram to suit your own personal tastes.
As well as entry to Whisky Fringe, with your ticket you will receive a free snifter glass on the day and a £10 money off voucher to spend at Royal Mile Whiskies on any 70cl bottle over £40 in value. You will also receive a token to exchange for one Half Time Orange dram (exhibitors bring along something special for you to try, but you can only select one of these mouth-watering temptations) and a printed programme listing all the wonderful drams on show. Everyone who attends Whisky Fringe also has the opportunity to enter our Spirit of Whisky Fringe prize draw to win a £100 voucher and 4 tickets to Whisky Fringe 2021. All you have to do is fill in a (legible!) ballot paper with your choice of the best dram you sampled.
We also recommend you come to the event after a hearty brunch or lunch so you are not drinking on an empty stomach. Doors are open from 2pm until 6pm (last sample pour at 5.45pm). Although 4 hours may not seem like a long time, it is more than enough time to have your fair share. Be wary of the alcoholic strength of all samples, particularly the cask strength ones, and remember to keep hydrating yourself throughout the day by drinking plenty of water from the free water stations dotted around the hall. We want to ensure that Whisky Fringe maintains its legendary reputation as a fun, easy-going and informative event.
Keep up to date with all Whisky Fringe developments through our Twitter feed (twitter.com/Royalmilewhisky)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I order using my mobile phone or tablet?
- Although there were some difficulties reported in past years causing people to miss out, it should be possible to buy mobile tickets through the mobile site. Do note that purchasing a ticket through the mobile site will require a Brown Paper Tickets account. If you want a physical ticket or a print at home ticket we strongly recommend you purchase tickets via a desktop or laptop computer.
- Do I need to fill in every persons name that I am buying tickets for?
- No. We have removed this feature from the purchasing process. However if buying tickets for others, all attendees must be of legal drinking age. We adhere to the Challenge 25 policy.
- Once I have placed my order in my basket how long do I have to complete the transaction?
- Your tickets are safely held for 15 minutes, allowing you ample time to make your purchase.
- PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION WITHIN THE 15 MINUTES YOUR BASKET IS RELEASED. ANY TICKETS YOU WERE HOLDING THEN BECOME AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL SALE AGAIN. THE SAME PRINCIPLE APPLIES FOR ANY FAILED PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS.
- Can I place an order with Brown Paper Tickets over the phone?
- Yes, but we do not recommend it. For reasons of speed we very strongly suggest you buy online through the Brown Paper Tickets website rather than their US based call centre.
- Can I order through Royal Mile Whiskies by phone or in person?
- No. We will NOT be selling any tickets through our shops or through the Royal Mile Whiskies phone lines.
- Can I get a refund if I no longer want to attend?
- No. there are no ticket refunds for this event.
- What documentation do I need to bring to gain entry on the day?
- Please bring either your physical tickets (that will be posted to your delivery address within a fortnight of ordering) or bring your Print at Home tickets with the barcode. If you have purchased a mobile ticket then please ensure that your mobile device is brought with you and fully charged. Please also bring some official identification (Passport or Drivers Licence), in case you are lucky enough for us to think that you look under 25.
- I have got some questions about the event. Who should I call?
- Call us at Royal Mile Whiskies (0131 524 9380) and we will be more than happy to help answer any questions that you may have. We are available Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
Also don't forget to check out our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram feeds for up to date info as well as Royal Mile Whiskies' Whisky Fringe page for guidelines on the event.
- I have got some questions about the Brown Paper Ticket site or the ticket ordering process. Who do I call?
- For all queries regarding Brown Paper Tickets and the ticket purchasing process we recommend calling or emailing Brown Paper Tickets (0800 411 8881 or 0330 010 9881 and email@example.com).
Mansfield Traquair (View)
15 Mansfield Place (foot of Broughton Street)
Edinburgh EH3 6BB
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|