2020 Sierra Nevada Classical Guitar Adult Competition
2020 SF BAY CLASSICAL GUITAR FESTIVAL & COMPETITION
St. John's Presbyterian, 1070 W. Plumb Lane, Reno 89509
July 25, Special Event at Lake Tahoe tba
All events open to public
Guest Artists: Meng Su, Scott Cmiel and more tba
ADULT COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
A $99.00 non-refundable registration fee must be paid on behalf of each Youth Competitor via the link on this page. No further application form is required.
Prizes: Minimum, might be raised prior to competition:
1st: $250.00; 2nd: $150.00; 3rd: $100.00; 4th and Honorable Mention Certificates. Prizes are at discretion of judges based on merit.
- Competition is for performance on six string Classical Guitar
Time limits: First Round, 7 minutes each; Final round, 15 minutes each, three performers will be admitted to final round
- Ages 18 and above
- Choice of repertoire is entirely up to the performer. It is expected that every competitor's choice of music fits within the time allowed. If a competitor exceeds the given time allotted, he or she will be asked to stop with no penalty to his or her evaluation.
- Competitors will be evaluated on technique, musicianship, tone quality, and overall presentation.
- Competitors may inquire for comments by judges only after the competition has ended. Upon such requests, sharing comments with performers is at the sole discretion of the judges.
- All decisions of judges are final.
- Competitors should not be touring artists with major management. Admission to the competition is at the sole discretion of the SF Bay Guitar Festival staff.
Foreign competition winners are subject to 30% withholding of competition prize amount.
FESTIVAL SCHEDULE (some details tba)
Thursday, July 23
10:00am - 12:00pm - Youth competition preliminaries
1:00pm - 2:30pm - Adult competition preliminaries
3:00pm - 5:00pm - Masterclass
7:00pm - 8:30pm - Youth Concert and presentation of
Special Award to Scott Cmiel
Friday, July 24
12:00pm - 12:45pm - Noon Concert, Lawrence Smith
1:00pm - 3:00pm - Adult competition finals
3:00pm - 5:00pm - Youth Competition finals
7:00pm - 8:30pm - Featured Concert, Guest Artist Meng Su
St. John's Presbyterian Church, Reno (View)
1070 W. Plumb Ln
Reno, NV 89509
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|