2019 Environmental Congress
When: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Check-in starts at 8:00am)
Where: Centennial Student Union | Minnesota State University Mankato | 620 South Road W, Mankato, MN 56001
Contact EQB if you need any special accommodations
Intense flooding, higher temperatures, and more extreme storms Minnesotans are already feeling the effects of our changing climate. As leading climate scientists urge swift and decisive action to safeguard our future, Minnesotans are engaging at all levels to advance leadership on climate change. Join us at the Environmental Congress to learn about innovative work happening across the state and explore ways to apply solutions in your community.
This free, daylong conference will include sessions on community preparedness, innovative practices in agriculture, transitioning to a low-carbon transportation system, protecting our water resources, and more. Participants will lead discussion groups in the afternoon and contribute ideas on how we can work together in new, equitable, and creative ways to take meaningful action. The Congress is a space to harness the energy and hopes of fellow Minnesotans and cooperatively build a healthy future for our communities, wildlife, lands, and waters.
Goals of the Environmental Congress:
* Explore leading science on climate change and what it means for Minnesotans
* Advance mutual learning among community members, state and local leaders, and a broad range of professionals on pressing climate policy issues
* Highlight innovative work taking place across Minnesota
* Create opportunities for dialogue and shared understanding
* Inspire meaningful climate action at the individual, community, and local and state government levels
Minnesota State University Mankato - Centennial Student Union (View)
620 South Road W.
Mankato, MN 56001
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|