FiDi Public Art & Monument Walk Redux
New York City has been called "an open air art museum". Each work of public art has a story behind it. Some were even designed by "big name" artists. Yet, rushed residents and commuters often remain unaware of the significance of what they pass each day.
In this repeat of our Memorial Day event, we will walk around lower Manhattan, stopping at 12 to 15 preselected monuments and public art installations. In addition, while not an expert, I have done a lot of research on the pieces and their creators and will share background info, personal observations, and perhaps a few bits of trivia about each one.
IMPORTANT NOTES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- After paying online, please check your credit or debit card account to make sure that the transaction went through.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time and not to get separated from the group, as it may be unusually difficult to locate us otherwise. Many of the points on our itinerary have no specific address, we will not be spending a long time at each one, and I will probably be harder to reach than usual. (See the next item.)
- Emergency number if you need to find the group is (917) 680-0656. My phone has no Internet access, so emailing, posting questions on this page, or attempting to contact me through Brown Paper Tickets or any other website or app will NOT work on the day of the tour. Send an "old-fashioned" text and I will try to get back to you. However, please remember that I will be doing presentations myself this time and may not be able to respond immediately. This will also make voice calls very disruptive, so use them only as a last resort.
- Sorry, refunds and exchanges are not available (unless the event is cancelled). However, if you are unable to attend, you can send someone in your place. At check-in, simply have him or her mention the name under which you paid.
- The tour will last around two and a half hours. Afterward, we may go somewhere nearby for drinks, food and socializing if there is interest.
National Museum of the American Indian (outside) (View)
1 Bowling Green
New York, NY 10004
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|