What was it like to live at the Buffalo State Asylum for the Insane (now known as the Richardson Olmsted Campus)? Go behind-the-scenes and back in time to when the Richardson was home to thousands of people: patients, doctors, nurses, attendants, and staff.|
Please Note: This is a historical tour of abandoned buildings yet to be redeveloped by the Richardson. This is not a tour of Hotel Henry. For information about seeing the hotel, stop by the Front Desk or call 716-882-1970.
What to Expect:
- For your safety, sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. We reserve the right to turn away anyone without appropriate shoes. Under no condition will sandals or high heels be allowed.
- Photography is not allowed inside the historical buildings on this tour. For those interested in taking photographs, please check out our photography tours.
- Hard hats will be provided. It is imperative that you stay with the tour group in the designated areas there are very unsafe areas within the Richardson.
- This tour requires the ability to walk for the full duration of the tour as well as climb multiple flights of stairs.
- Prepare to get a little dusty during your time on-site. If youre concerned about having an adverse reaction to the dust because of asthma or allergies, we recommend bringing a face mask or scarf.
- You are strongly encouraged to bring bottled water as it can get warm inside the building in the summer.
- Tours are rain or shine.
Richardson Olmsted Campus (View)
444 Forest Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14213
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|