CHAD Chats 5: Save the Brains!
CHAD, the Center for Humorism and Amusement Dynamics, is thrilled to announce another evening of all-new satirical PowerPoint Presentations, this time about one of the most important parts of the human mind: the brain!
This special program is completely devoted, nigh enslaved, to the grey matter that makes us matter. Join us on July 18 at 8:30pm for "Save The Brains," our fifth original conference of CHAD Chats. Mind-altering beverages will be served, mind-relaxing seats will be provided, and mind-expanding presentations will be delivered by some of the finest speakers who have ever lived, spoken or had brains:
- Bizarro fiction author and cryptozoologist KIRSTEN ALENE will deliver a treatise on "Making Unicorns Out Of Book Presentations";
- Urban shaman and bargain hunter JASON RIZOS will reveal the secret of "Tryptamine Reclamation from Retail Habitats";
- Noted Japanese mutant pterosaur RODAN [Scott Rogers] will roar on the topic of "Mega Monsters Anonymous: Saving Cities through Art";
- Comedian and undiagnosed sociopath NICK WALKER will give an enlightening presentation on "Power Point Presentations: Why They Are Slowly Killing You";
- Fedora model and skaficcionado RANDAL "RANDY" TUTONE [Carson Creecy] will perform an explanation of "How to Start a Band Without Really Trying: A Brief History of Ska (Music?)";
- Accomplished makeshift tent creator HOBO TOM [Philip Schallberger] will exude his seminal work "Hobo Tom's Guide to Fighting Robots in Your Dreams."
- Famous Author MYKLE HANSEN and Stealth Comedian WHITNEY STREED will host the evening's infortainment and SAVE the evening's BRAINS!
At CHAD, we have your mind's best interests at heart! Show starts at 8:30pm (doors at 8) on Thursday July 18 at The Jack London Bar, located at 529 SW 4th Ave in the basement of the Rialto Poolroom. Admission is $7 in advance, $10 at door. Music and stimulating chit-chat to follow.
The Jack London Bar (View)
529 SW 4th Ave
Portland, OR 97204