ParkRx - INTERMEDIATE Hiking for Fitness Series
Please Join us for an 8-week INTERMEDIATE Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Leaders will have group discussions about gear, hydration, hiking poles, first aid, and pacing, etc. The group's final hike aims for the Gunsight Rock, where hikers can enjoy stunning vistas. Hikes will start at 9am to beat the heat.
The INTERMEDIATE series is designed for graduates of our beginning program or hikes with moderate levels of fitness.
The Hiking series costs $80, or free (parking fees apply) for hikers with a ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider.
For more information, please visit https://sugarloafpark.org/events/hiking-for-fitness-program/
1) Sat 7/6--Waterfall Loop, 2 miles, 595 ft [meet @ main lot]
2) Sat 7/13--Vista Trail Loop, 3.6 miles, 700 ft [meet @ white barn lot]
3) Sat 7/20--Goodspeed to Nattkemper, 4.2 miles, 1060 ft [meet @ Goodspeed lot]
4) Sat 7/27--Hillside / Brushy Peaks - Neptune Picnic Table, 4.6 miles, 780 ft [meet @ white barn lot]
5) Sat 8/3--Grandmother Oak (McCormick Addition), 4.2 miles, 1060 ft [meet @ Hood Mtn Regional Park's Los Alamos lot]
6) Sat 8/10--Vista Trail Loop - ccw, 4.7 miles, 1000 ft [meet @ white barn lot]
7) Sat 8/17--Brushy / Grey Pine (Hillside start), 6.5 miles, 1230 ft [meet @ white barn lot]
8) Sat 8/24--Bald Summit (w/ optional Headwaters wiggle = 5.8 mi), 5.25 miles, 1500 ft [meet @ white barn lot]
(routes subject to change based on group and weather)
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park (View)
2605 Adobe Canyon Road
Kenwood, CA 95452
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|