Safety Skills and Self-Defense for Kids grades 3-5
Is your child asking for more independence? Is she/he preparing for middle school and you want them to learn skills to handle bullying, peer pressure and to know what to do if someone makes her uncomfortable?
In this 2 hour class kids and their parents are taught self-defense skills that prevent assault before it begins, physical skills to get away from imminent harm and knowledge of how to get help from safe adults.
Topics covered are:
- How to be aware, calm and confident.
- Who are their safe-adults
- How and what to yell for assistance.
- Easy and effective physical techniques.
- Personal boundaries.
- Dealing with boundary violations
- Move away from possible problems
- Checking in with parents
- How not to give into pressures, tricks and manipulations
- Listening to "uh-oh" feelings.
The final 10-15 minutes is oriented towards parent education. Families will receive valuable reference materials to take home.
Phinney Neighborhood Center (View)
67th and Phinney Ave. N, Lower Brick Building
Seattle, WA 98103
|Minimum Age: 8|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|