6th Annual Home Performance Conference
The City of Portland Home Energy Score program will begin on January 1, 2018. The program requires sellers of single-family homes to obtain a home energy report, including a home energy score, from a licensed home energy assessor. A home energy score provides an easy to understand and comparable method for understanding how a house uses energy. What difference does that make? To begin, approximately a third of the costs required every year for the operation of a home is related to energy, so it makes good business sense to have information regarding a homes energy use and efficiencies when purchasing a house. With that knowledge, potential buyers can make better decisions for their own particular needs.
Attend the 6th Annual Home Performance Conference to network with other businesses that work with homeowners preparing to buy and sell homes in Portland. Gain knowledge and be in the best position to advise your clients. This conference is designed for real estate agents, appraisers, home energy assessors, title companies, home performance professionals, and financial providers, to name a few. At the Conference, you will:
* Hear critical, real-time knowledge about the City of Portland Home Energy Score program.
* Learn what information to ask homeowners in order to best represent their interests.
* Understand what information regarding listings is important and why, as well as where it should be entered into RMLS
* Discover how owners can use the information in the Home Energy Score Report to make their homes healthier and more comfortable
* Gain knowledge regarding high performing upgrades, improvements people often make when they first move into a house, resulting in decreased energy use, lower operating costs, and increased home value.
* Find tools homeowners can use to pay for high performing improvements
University of Oregons White Stag Block (View)
70 NW Couch Street
Portland, OR 97209
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|