Hawaii ParaCon 2018 is the first major convention in Hawaii that seeks to share, explore and expand the knowledge and perception of what is considered paranormal. Our intent is to gather, in one place, a variety of people from near and far to discuss and share their take on the phenomena that falls beyond the physical senses. We wont try to convince you that ghosts, gods and creatures of the night are real but we hope to broaden your perspective when it comes to things outside your own normal.|
There is a feeling here, an undercurrent of energy. From near and far, people find their way to Hawaii to rest, relax, re-energize. They come here to heal or to be reborn. Perhaps its because Hawaii is said to be at the center of a series of leylines that have created powerful vortices that draw people to the island. Maybe its simply the moderate climate and beautiful scenery. It just might be the mana of the islands themselves that cause wanderers to yearn for the sandy shores of this island paradise.
Do you hear that? Hawaii is calling you
July 13-15, 2018
We are excited to bring you a variety of experts from the paranormal and the Hawaiian community.
- SCOTT PORTER - Porter is best known for being the Profiler, Historian, and Co-Owner of the Tennessee Wraith Chasers franchise as seen on Haunted Towns, Ghost Asylum, Ghostland Tennessee and The Exorcist House Special on Destination America. He has also appeared on and won the Old South Pittsburg Hospital episode of Travel Channels Paranormal Challenge. This resume of television works has Porter appearing in over 40 television episodes and has allowed him to investigate the supernatural for over a decade. In this short time Porter has become a premier researcher of the paranormal and the historical events related to the locations, fables and lore of said haunted locations.
- STEPHANIE BURKE - Stephanie has been very intuitive since she was a young child, having the gift passed down from previous generations. Having this gift, and growing up in a spiritually active historical home, she thought being surrounded by such energies was in fact normal. Stephanie now uses this gift to help others understand that death doesnt mean the end, but rather a beginning to a new chapter. Stephanie has had the opportunity to help families, historical societies, corporations, authors, and television shows with her gifts. You can listen to Stephanie live on Saturday nights as she co-hosts WBSMs Spooky Southcoast Radio. Stephanie has made appearances on TLC's Kindred Spirits, Destination America, and Syfy Channels.
- CHRIS SMITH - Chris spent the first 10 years of his professional career in marketing, illustration and design. His curiosity of the paranormal stemmed from a supernatural experience that took place in his grandfathers old barn. Chris then began researching a phenomenon known as Shadow People, shadow-like humanoid figures that, according to believers, are seen mostly in peripheral vision. They are sometimes regarded in modern folklore and paranormal pop culture as malicious, evil spirits or wraiths. In 2008 Chris appeared on the series Ghost Hunters Academy. After getting a taste of traveling the country chasing paranormal leads he returned home and founded the Tennessee Wraith Chasers. In 2013 Chris and his team filmed a pilot called Ghostland Tennessee that aired on Animal Planet. In 2014 the team began production on what would be a 3-season run of their hit series, Ghost Asylum that aired on Destination America. In 2016 they premiered their second running series, Haunted Towns, also airing on Destination America.
- MIKE GONSALVES - Musician, songwriter, and producer, Mike Goncalves, got his first taste of the paranormal working in the shadows of the show Ghost Asylum and on several occasions experienced his own paranormal events while trudging through the darkness of America's most haunted locations. His latest quest, paired with The Tennessee Wraith Chasers, brings the team across the US in a quest to uncover those unknown things that go bump in the night.
- GREG & DANA NEWKIRK - Dana and Greg Newkirk are the creators and curators of the the worlds first mobile museum of the unexplained, the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult. Come meet the occult experts whove spent their lives collecting supernaturally-influenced artifacts and researching the unexplained.
When theyre not busy tracking down the strange and the unexplained, Dana and Greg can be found lecturing across the country on the subject of the paranormal, consulting on major media projects on the supernatural, and acting as writers and editors for the Week in Weird, one of the webs most-visited news sources for true tales of paranormal, the occult, and the just plain weird.
- ALLISON JORNLIN - Recipient of the Milwaukee Paranormal Conference's 2016 Wisconsin Researcher of the Year Award, Allison Jornlin has been investigating hauntings and other strange phenomena for more than 20 years. She frequently works with paranormal teams to investigate historic buildings, providing archival research to facilitate their efforts. The on-going learning opportunities offered by this community combined with recent paranormal occurrences in her life have transformed Allison's worldview from unchallenged skepticism to a broader, more balanced perspective.
- MIKE HUBERTY - Mike grew up with Allison Jornlin for a sister, so you know things got weird. They shared an interest for the paranormal and regularly raided their small town library for every book in their collection on ghosts, UFOs, and the Loch Ness Monster. In addition to his haunted history tour company, American Ghost Walks, which features tours in six Midwestern cities, Mike has been performing with his band Sunspot for over 20 years touring the country and writing rock anthems that blend the uncanny and fantastic with universal experience.
Mike is a co-host on See You On The Other Side podcast, a show that features interviews and discussions of pop culture and paranormal themes. The show might find them investigating a haunted theater, interviewing an author about occult connections to famous artists, or conducting a psychic experiment with their audience.
- FRED FOGARTY - "Colorful freak," tour guide, storyteller, general dogsbody, and in charge of guide training, hes been working with City of the Dead Tours for over a decade. Its his job to stay calm when people finish tours with scratches, bite marks, bruises, welts, vomit or end up passing out.
Hes embarked on a lifelong passion into studying what makes us human, the mind, behavior and change. With over a decade of changing peoples lives, diplomas in hypnotherapy and 3D Mind™, a student of No Fault Psychology™ and Other Than Conscious Communication™, hes traveled all over studying with some extraordinary people. Hes spent the last five years developing a system of well-being that makes improving and maintaining mental health accessible, fun and enjoyable, and firmly where it belongs: within YOU.
- LOPAKA KAPANUI - Sometimes known as "The Ghost Guy," Native Hawaiian, Lopaka Kapanui, makes a business of leading guests into some of the darkest, spookiest places on the island of 'O'ahu. His familys legends, history, customs and protocol were passed down to Lopaka in the traditional Hawaiian way; through mo'olelo, from mouth to ear, sitting at the foot of his elders as they related the lessons to him. He also learned the significance of the proper prayers to offer in ceremonial blessings, to enter or leave a sacred place, to ask for protection or forgiveness, or before gathering greenery in depths of a Hawaiian forest, and the importance of intent. Inspired by his late mentor, Glen Grants constant encouragement to do more and be more, Lopaka began writing, chronicling the supernatural experiences of himself and others. Having been in the storytelling business for more than 20 years, hundreds of people have come forward to share their own stories with Lopaka as well, making him a repository of sorts for some of our islands' spookiest tales. Sharing more than just Hawaiian ghost stories, Lopaka shares his knowledge of the history and legends of 'O'ahu and Hawai'i.
- - - - - - - - - -
Listen to discussions about ghosts, ask questions directly of the experts. Learn ghost hunting techniques and mistakes!
What is a haunting? Learn to look for and often find the root cause of anomalies.
Learn how to separate fact from urban legend. Listen to local Hawaiian experts discuss the how Hawaiian legends differ from those of other cultures.
Experience Hawaiian Lomilomi (massage) and Japanese Reiki and how spirituality affects your healing.
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel
120 Kaiulani Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
|Minimum Age: 10|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|