Voters' Rights Summit
The goal of the Summit is to bring together citizens, organizations, elected officials, and all parties interested in voting rights to explore the problems and issues related to protecting the right to vote. Together we will exchange ideas, brainstorm strategies and identify solutions to remove barriers to registration and voting. Participants will be empowered to develop a plan and work together to expand, protect and promote a positive voting experience for all. Please join us and hear from a rich diversity of speakers. There will be ample opportunity for your concerns and questions to be heard.
* How does the voting system work now and what is happening in Arizona?
* How current barriers impact individuals--We will hear personal experiences.
* What mechanisms are in place that can facilitate change?
* Next steps: Reforms and changes, what do we want?
* Challenges to achieving reforms and time for action! There will be breakout sessions focusing on "Where do we go from here?"
SUMMIT MODERATOR: Sam Kelley
1. Mary Fontes, Federal Compliance Officer, Maricopa County Elections
2. Matt Roberts, Secretary of State Communications Director
3. Joe Kanefield, attorney prior State Elections Director and Assistant Attorney General
4. Gina Roberts, Citizens Clean Elections Commission Voter Education Manager
5. Raquel Teran, Community Organizer
6. Jim Barton, attorney, previously represented AZ Secretary of State and Citizens Clean Elections Commission
7. Barbara Norrander, professor of Political Science at UofA, researcher focusing on elections and voting
8. Lawrence Robinson, Director, Maricopa Co. Community Colleges Center for Civic Participation
9. Janine Petty, Deputy State Elections Director, Office of Arizona Secretary of State
ASU New College West, UCB Building, La Salla Ballroom (View)
4701 W. Thunderbird Rd.
Glendale, AZ 85306
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|