Vagadu Fashion Debut, New Chicago Collection Inspired by Artist Rex Flodstrom
The exciting worlds of fashion, fine art, dance and gourmet cuisine collide when San Francisco-based designer Joui Turandot celebrates the debut of her clothing line Vagadu, in the heart of Chicago's emerging modern art movement, the Pilsen/Bridgeport area.
Each Vagadu collection is inspired by a different contemporary artists' creative process. This inspiration informs each of the one-of-a-kind pieces and brings the artists vision to life. All of the clothes are hand-made and function as wearable works of art meant to inspire the wearer both creatively and spiritually. Of her collection, Turandot says Clothes should represent you expressively and politically. Vagadu is made with inspiration and love for humanity.
Local painter Rex Flodstrom will be featured and 10 of his paintings will be on display. Flodstrom will create a piece of art live using an original Vagadu dress as a canvas. The piece created by Flodstrom will then be available to own via a silent auction at the end of the event. All of the elements of the evening will celebrate Flodstrom's work in different mediums and is certain to be a feast for the senses.
Guests will be treated to a delectable 6-course Pan Asian Fusion tasting menu provided by Chicago underground chef Efrain Cuevas. Cuevas conceived the sweet and savory treats by incorporating elements of Flodstrom's personal food favorites and influences from his art.
- Ahi Tuna Tartar, Spicy Ginger Vinaigrette, Wasabi Tobiko, on Cucumber Slice
- "Clouds and Buildings" Okinawa Yam and Beet Gratin, Gorgonzola Creme
- Gyoza Dumplings filled with Fuyugaki Persimmon and Goat Cheese, with Sweet Shiso and Sage Pesto
- Vagadu Temaki Sushi (Served Warm): Risotto w/ Lemongrass, Edamame, and Enoki mushroom, Chestnut Dusted Roasted Salmon, wrapped in Teriyaki Nori
- Green Tea Creme Brulee sweetened w/ Honey, Cardamom Scented Berries
- "Cake and Man" Guittard Chocolate Spongecake w/ Kumquat and Ginger, Bergamot Chocolate Mousse, Beet Powder and Powdered Sugar Silhouettes
The evening will also feature a dance performance choreographed by Mary S. Burns and Dancers, as well as a Vagadu fashion show where the dancers will double as models and bring Turandot's and Flodstrom's work to life in a way that will intrigue both fashion and art lovers alike. Vagadu pieces and works by Flodstrom will be available for purchase during the afterparty.
BYOB. Bring your bottle(s) and leave them with the bartender. we will pour for you.
VIP admission includes seating at the runway during the fashion performance and a complimentary glass of Prosecco.
Sponsored by Aveda Institute Chicago
643 W. 31st Street
Chicago, IL 60616
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|