Edna Purviance 1920s Costume Ball
Northern Nevada's Aurora Repertory Theatre is producing a silent film festival to celebrate Nevada born film star Edna Purviance, who was Charlie Chaplin's leading lady in 35 silent films in the early twentieth century. The festival will include 2 events occurring from October 23-25, 2015.
Event 1) Edna Purviance 1920s Costume Ball (See below.)
Event 2) Edna Purviance & Charlie Chaplin Film Festival (Visit http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2288067)
Event 1) Edna Purviance 1920s Costume Ball
Friday, October 23, 2015 - 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
* Location: Reno Town Mall, 4001 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502 (Peckham & S Virginia)
* * (inside the mall in front of the Washoe County Library - Sierra View branch)
* Come in your 1920s outfit for the costume contest
* Enjoy skits by our Aurora Repertory Theatre actors plus music and entertainment by Larry Elliott & The Fireballs
* Learn from an informative talk and video presentation about Nevada's own film star from the "silent era" - Edna Purviance
* Light refreshments provided
Edna Purviance was born in Paradise Valley, Nevada, raised in rural Nevada, and became Charlie Chaplin's leading lady in over 35 silent films. She is a treasure of Nevada's historic heritage that Aurora Repertory Theatre company wishes to highlight with this event.
Who should come to this party?
Lovers of Nevada heritage, history fans, silent film fans, steampunks, "cosplayers", those who like to dress up, and anyone curious are encouraged to come and wear your favorite 1920s "night on the town" costume.
Reno Town Mall (View)
4001 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89502