Lexi Lightspeed & Olivia Coupe - Offence Clinic
Offence! It's the buzz word of the moment... and for good reason. It's getting harder and harder for our jammers to get through all that killer defence, so it's essential we have the relevant offensive strategies and plays to get that star out of the pack. Offence is a lot more complex than just bashing your way through a wall... as defensive formations become more dynamic and learn to successfully avoid offence, we need to start thinking smarter!
In this 3.5 hour bootcamp, Lexi and Liv will take you through the thought process and skills to successfully play and receive offence. Lexi will guide you through a jammers thought process in order to create moments of opportunity, as well as have you working on the physical skills to take advantage of those moments. Liv will guide you through the blocker thought process of playing successful offence... patience, communication, execution and the skills to make it happen.
There is so much that goes into those applaud worthy moments of offence - and we want to give you some insight into our favourite ways of getting the job done.
Over 3.5 hours we will cover the following:
- Wall Manipulation
- Jammer / Blocker Communication (Physical/Verbal)
- Tips, Tricks and Skills when playing Solo Offence
- Tips, Tricks and Skills when Jamming/Receiving Offence
- Team Minded Offensive Plays (the D to O switch)
- Star Pass Strategies (successful set up and execution between jammer and pivot)
Both Lexi and Liv skate with London Brawling (and coach for the London Rollergirls) and Team England and have had a fantastic season thus far with Brawling dominating the West Coast in recent wins against B.A.D, Angel City, Texas and Rocky Mountain.
Both Lexi and Liv are experienced roller derby coaches and have been coaching roller derby worldwide for the past 3 years.
Saturday 25th July, 2015
River Park Leisure Centre
- Registration and kit up 3.30-4.00pm
- Drills 4.00-7.30pm
- 18+ only
- Min Skills Required (no worries if it's only your laps left to tick off, so long as you're safe and present no danger to others)
River Park Leisure Centre (View)
Winchester SO23 7DD
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|