Charles Towne Pub Stroll 2013 April-June
Tap into over 300 years of Charleston history on this award-winning tour! Stroll with our pirates and colonial rogues to some of Charleston's most popular taverns and hear unusual, but true Charleston stories that you won't hear on the run-of-the-mill history tours. Discover why Charleston is not only steeped in history, but also steeped in spirits. In fact, in its early days, Charles Towne had 1 pub for every 5 men. Your period-dressed guide regales you stories of early drinking habits, Prohibition-era criminals, and the historical oddities of the Holy City.
This walking tour lasts 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Along the way, guests of appropriate age can enjoy libations in the various taverns. Beverages are not included in the price of the tour... that would be against SC state law, and we don't want to run afoul of the law. Also, the reason that our tour costs less than other pub tours is the fact that we do not include food. We don't want you to pay for food that you don't want or don't like! Of course, if you get hungry, you can purchase food along with drink at one of the pubs.
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in tour. Charleston Pirate Tours and Historic Places of Charleston, LLC have a proud history of providing professional and safe tours. Before purchasing a ticket for this tour, please be aware of the following:
- All sales are final. You may reschedule your tour (based on availability) with 24 hours notice.
- This tour will function in a public environment; therefore, Charleston Pirate Tours and Historic Places of Charleston, LLC will not be responsible nor held liable for the behavior of tour guests, pedestrians, or unforeseeable street walking accidents throughout the duration of any Historic Places of Charleston, LLC presentation.
- Charleston Pirate Tours and Historic Places of Charleston, LLC have no affiliation with private establishments and with the purchasing and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The cost of tour admission does not include food and beverages that an individual may choose to purchase between stories while on the "Charles Towne Pub Stroll."
- The City of Charleston prohibits all alcoholic beverages on the street.
- Our tours go rain or shine, but if hazardous weather forces cancellation of a tour, you have the option of rescheduling or refund.
Tours begin in Washington Square Park next to City Hall
78 Broad St.
Charleston, SC 29401
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|