Reports to: Director of IT
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: Two+
We’re looking for a communicative, super-organized, IT project manager who will be responsible for managing and overseeing various IT projects from vendor/technology research through implementation, maintenance, and user support. Specifically, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) and other compliance programs, network management and support including WAN and virtual networking, Enterprise application support including email, voice over IP (VOIP), identity management and industry specific applications.
Come join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, up to 6 weeks Paid Time Off per year, a week of paid volunteer time per year, a company-paid bus pass, office lunch and snacks, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience of IT management or project management.
- Experienced and skilled in contract development and negotiation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and deliver solutions in a timely manner, usually under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and/or analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to execute logical and complex troubleshooting methods.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in written communications.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold, safeguard and promote the organization’s values and philosophy, relating particularly to ethics, integrity, corporate/social responsibility; ‘Fair Trade’, ‘Not Just For Profit’, etc.
- Conduct needs assessment to help determine projects and platforms that can be outsourced versus areas that require a FTE.
- Work in a team environment to analyze, recommend, design and deliver solutions that solve problems presented by users.
- Assist in hiring and/or development of current team members to staff for efficient completion of projects and organizational support.
- Team build through leadership, advocacy, coaching, and training.
- Complete timely staff performance and wage evaluations.
- Establish and maintain project plans, track progress (goals, budget, and schedule), and provide status reports.
- Adjust priorities as needed based on business needs, level of importance, and customer/staff needs.
- Establish a communication strategy for providing regular status reports to project team members, customer support staff, IT and development staff, the executive team, and other stakeholders throughout the projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
We do things a little differently. Generous benefits and fair compensation aside, we believe in openness and equality in every aspect of our business. This can be seen in the way we treat our staff, the way we treat our customers, and the way we treat our community. We don’t believe in dress codes. We do believe in getting things done quickly and efficiently. We like people that can set lofty goals and then reach them.
Please bring your humanity, energy, positive attitude, ideas, humor, and dog or cat. You can learn more about us at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/about/careers
- $100,000 – $120,000 DOE
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision (80% dependents)
- PTO of 30 days per year
- 5 days paid volunteer time per year
- Employer-paid bus pass
- On-site sandwiches, salads, and snacks
Provide email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should include why you’d like to work for Brown Paper Tickets and what super powers you’d bring with you (KSA’s and beyond).
- Seattle-area candidates only
- Pets on premises
- Please no calls or recruiters
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive an automatic confirmation email after you apply.