Join our cast of characters and take the road less traveled.
Department: Customer Service
Locations: Bellevue, Seattle
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Brown Paper Tickets is seeking an Event Support Specialist to provide outstanding customer service from our Seattle office in Fremont (with the option to work out of our Bellevue office).
Come join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, up to 6 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, a week of paid volunteer time per year, company-paid Orca pass, office lunch and snacks, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
*Tuesday – Saturday, 3:30 p.m. – midnight
* Training for handling ticket buyer issues will take place 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for the first two weeks at our Seattle office in Fremont prior to starting the shift schedule designated above. Training for handling event organizer issues will take place at a later time.
Day-to-day activities for this position include:
* Taking inbound calls from customers who
– wish to purchase tickets to a variety of events
– want to know more about particular events
– might be a little lonely and want somebody nice to talk to
* Corresponding with customers and coworkers via e-mail and chat
* Troubleshooting problematic ticket orders
* Taking inbound calls from event organizers to
– help them set up a ticketing event
– answer questions and teach them about event set up and system tools
– problem-solve and follow up on event discrepancies
* Approve new event postings
* Contact new event organizers to welcome them to the company
Applicants should possess:
* An almost freakish attention to detail
* The deep desire and uncanny ability to provide top-notch customer service
* The ability to use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in written communications
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal conversations
* The ability to multi-task
* Prior experience working with a multi-line phone system, E-mail and instant messaging
* A friendly, helpful, and fun demeanor!
About the Company:
We do things a little differently. We don’t believe in dress codes. We do believe in our ability to change the event industry for the better. We like people who can set lofty goals and then reach them.
How you should apply:
1. Submit a resume
2. Include a brief cover letter explaining:
a.) why you want to work for Brown Paper Tickets
b.) what super powers you would bring with you (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Pets on premises (Seattle office only)
No phone calls or walk-ins, please
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive an automatic confirmation email after you apply.