Come join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, up to 6 weeks Paid Time Off per year, a week of paid volunteer time per year, a company-paid bus pass, office lunch and snacks, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
Please bring your humanity, energy, positive attitude, ideas, and humor. You can learn more about us at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/about/careers.
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities of this role are to own the technical direction of the Brown Paper Tickets product suite and ensure the successful creation, delivery, and maintenance of all product releases. In this role, you will lead, manage, and motivate the engineering and development teams responsible for the architecture and software applications that power the Brown Paper Tickets event platform. Elements for success in this role include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing Development/DevOps staff, along with strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in planning, designing, and building scalable, reliable, high-availability, high-volume web application architectures
- Proven history of technical and organizational leadership, business judgment, and influential skills
- Track record of delivering best-in-class architectures and software solutions
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Microservice architectures in a cloud environment / “Cloud Native” system architectures
- DevOps best practices for a continuous deployment pipeline
- Network architecture and design
- Redis as cache and/or message queue
- Linux server administration and performance tuning for web applications
- SQL database design, performance tuning, and best practices (PostgreSQL experience preferred but not required)
- Server-side scripting languages
- Git-based, multi-branched software environment
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies
- Ability to review architectures, designs, and code, and to work with engineers at all levels
- Ability to quickly assess complex problems and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
- Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and in the future
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills within an Agile Product Roadmap environment with conflicting priorities
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile and integration solutions in close collaboration with product and program management teams
- Develop and maintain the architectural roadmap for the Brown Paper Tickets platform
- Grow and lead the technology teams that build, deploy, and maintain high-quality software solutions on a regular schedule, based on a foundation of engineering excellence
- Implement, measure, and report on the execution strategy defined for the Product Engineering team
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the progress and status of all technology projects
- Work closely with senior leadership on continual process improvement and organizational change to support business goals
- Other duties as assigned
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision (80% dependents)
- 30 days of PTO per year
- 5 days paid volunteer time per year
- Employer-paid bus pass or free parking
- Free on-site sandwiches, salads, and snacks
Email your resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include why you’d like to work for Brown Paper Tickets and what super powers you’d bring with you (KSA’s and beyond).
- Seattle-area candidates only
- Candidates meeting job requirements only please
- Pets on premises
- Please no calls or recruiters
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You'll receive an automatic confirmation email after you apply.