The Maui Historical Society runs Bailey House Museum
The Bailey House is a mission home built in 1833 on the royal compound of Kahekili, last ruling chief of Maui, at the mouth of Iao Valley and former site of the Wailuku Female Seminary for Hawaiian girls (1837-1849). It was the home of missionary teacher Edward Bailey and his family until 1888. The Bailey House opened as a museum in 1957. The .7 acre historic site was placed on the National and Hawai%u02BBi Registers of Historic Places in 1972.