|Media Pool FAQ|
1. How do I sign up?
2. How do I know if I qualify to receive media pool tickets?
Any media organization with a monthly reach of 5,000 or more readers, listeners or viewers may apply. This includes radio stations (college, community, commercial, and public), print and online newspapers, print and online magazines, television stations, and occasionally other Internet publications or blogs.
3. How do I log into my media account?
You will log in from the Brown Paper Tickets login page. Enter the Login and Password that you chose while creating your account, select Media from the drop-down menu, and click "Log In".
4. How many tickets do I have access to?
You have access to all media pool tickets in your state or region. In some cases, we will give you access to multiple states - this usually happens if you are close to the border of another state, and with the smaller states in the Northeast. There is a limited number of tickets available per event. If you are a radio station doing a fund drive, or if for any other reason you would like access to additional tickets, please contact us at Media@BrownPaperTickets.com to discuss your needs.
5. How do I reserve tickets?
* When you are logged in to your media account, you will see a pink box on the right showing you how many tickets there are in the media pool for your region. From this box, there is a link to view the tickets available to you.
* Once you have selected which event you'd like to reserve tickets to, click "View Event", and then click "Begin".
* Select the admission level, if applicable, and click "Continue".
* Select quantity of tickets, and click "Continue".
* Enter the first and last name(s) of the attendee(s), and click "Record Names".
* If you do not know the name(s) of the attendee(s), you may click "Enter Names Later". You then have 24 hours to log back in and enter the attendee name(s).
6. What if it will take me longer than 24 hours to determine the name(s) of the attendee(s)?
In this instance, you may use your own first and last name to hold the tickets, and log in to change the will call name(s) at a later date. *Note: Names cannot be changed once ticket sales for the event have ended. To be safe, please have finalized names entered at least 24 hours before the event.
6. How do I change the will call name on reserved tickets?
* Log into your media pool account, and look at the tickets reserved under the brown "Your Tickets" heading.
* If you reserved tickets without entering a will call name, click the blue "Record Name" link, enter the first and last name, and click "Record Name".
* If you need to change the name that tickets are reserved under, click the blue "Change" link next to the current will call names.
7. How do I cancel tickets?
Log into your media pool account. Under the brown heading "Your Tickets", click the blue "Cancel" link next to whichever media tickets you need to cancel.
8. How would someone claim their media tickets when they arrive at the event?
Reserved media pool tickets are treated just like purchased Will Call tickets in the Brown Paper Tickets system - the attendees' names will appear on the event producer's Will Call list. Attendees need to bring photo ID with them to the event and check in at the entrance.
9. How do I turn off the email notifications that I've been receiving?
* Log into your media pool account.
* Under the brown heading "Media Pool Account Status", click the blue "Change" link next to "Receive notification emails: Yes".
* Click "Do not email me", and then click "Save Changes".
10. How do I change the email address where I receive email notifications?
* Log into your media pool account.
* Under the brown heading "Media Pool Account Status", click the blue "Change" link that appears next to your current email address.
* Enter your new email address in the provided blank, and click "Save Changes".