Festival Submitting Class with Danny Costa!
- Film festivals--do's and don'ts
- Confessions from the world of acquisitions & development
- Everything you should have ready and done by the time you're at festival
- Where to best allocate your resources, etc.
- Overlooked outlets (by most indie filmmakers); foreign independent sales, cable and digital VOD, non-theatrical, etc.
- Marketing your film AT the festival
- Case studies: self distributed, self marketed films that have real success circumventing the system
Danny Costa currently runs DeLarge Films as it's principal. His services under the DeLarge banner include digital rights management, film distribution consulting, and producing. Danny's background prior to founding DeLarge involved working in independent film distribution in NYC; past positions in distribution include managing operations at The Cinema Guild, a leading distributor of independent documentary and narrative feature films, where he played an integral part in the acquisition of cult filmmaker Andrew Bujalski's latest feature, âBeeswax,â as well as contributing to the acquisition of a number of prominent documentaries. Since working in digital rights, Danny has negotiated the acquisitions of a number of feature projects from festivals including Sundance, Toronto, HotDocs, SilverDocs, SXSW and Slamdance.
Monday, January 11th
Stage Werx Theatre, 533 Sutter
Stage Werx Theatre
San Francisco, CA
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|