Eatwell Farm Homeschool Tour
Do you love delicious, healthy and organic produce? Would you like to show your children how sustainable, organic produce is grown? Join Nigel for a tour especially for children and parents who are curious about organic farming. Each group who attends will be sent home with a CSA box filled with deliciously ripe, organic produce to share at home.
Children and chaperones will walk the farm with Nigel and learn about:
- Soil and the organisms that grow in the soil
- How chickens have a very important role on the farm (They do more than give tasty eggs!)
- How bugs, pests, parasites and bats contribute to farm life
- How the farm is a well balanced environment that provides great food for everyone without poisoning the environment.
While walking the farm, everyone will have the opportunity to taste fresh, organic produce. We hope we'll still have beautiful, red strawberries ripe for picking.
In addition to chickens, the children will visit our three Guernsey milk cows, our horse Stella, and over 150 ducks and geese.
We request that each group have at least one adult for every 4 children attending. Most of the farm is stroller and motorized wheelchair accessible, although it can be somewhat of a rugged and dusty terrain in some spots.
What To Bring:
A picnic lunch
Picnic blanket and chairs
- Children must be supervised at all times, and may not wander the farm alone.
- Absolutely no dogs or other pets on the farm. Please contact Emily at email@example.com if you need accommodations for a service dog.
- No smoking is permitted on the farm.
- Do not feed the animals.
Day of the tour:
9:30AM: Registration (Use restroom, fill water bottles, apply sunscreen)
10AM: Farm Tour
After the Tour: Picnic lunch in the garden
We hope you'll join us for this unique opportunity to explore the farm and learn about sustainable, organic farming. Help us plant the seeds of change in our children's hearts and minds so that they can grow up with a love of local farms and food.
Tickets are non-refundable within 3 days of the event.
Eatwell Farm (View)
5835 Sievers Road
Dixon, CA 95620
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|