First the cinema, then the revolution by Deborah Pearson
It lasted twelve days. Hungarians fought Soviet troops on the streets, from their homes, and from the Corvin Cinema, the Revolutionary Headquarters. On November 4th, 1956, the Russian army brought tanks into Budapest and stopped the revolution, force ably occupying the country until the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. The first thing they destroyed was the cinema. Deborah Pearson loosely "translates" the Hungarian film that was meant to be premiered at the Corvin cinema that day, looking for traces of freedom and failure.
This is a work-in-progress showing of very early material.
Developed at the National Theatre Studio.
Out of the Blue Drill Hall (View)
36 Dalmeny Street
Edinburgh EH6 8RG
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|