Autumn Belly Dance Classes with Rosa Noreen
Delve into movement musicality and tradition in a warm and supportive environment.
There are no pre-requisites to join the beginner class. You just need to be ready to have fun and learn something new!
People of all genders are welcome, ages 14+. Yoga or exercise wear, bare feet or soft-soled dance shoes.
"You make class so much fun! I'm really happy that we took the plunge to sign up."
Sarah C., student
Beginning Belly Dance
- Mondays or Wednesdays, 6:00-7:15 PM. 11-week session, $132, Sept 15-Dec 10, 2014
- No class weeks of 10/13 & 11/24.
- Total beginners are welcome! Returning students will learn new movements, new rhythms, and different ways to weave them together. The session will culminate in a choreography with an optional recital in early December.
Intermediate Belly Dance
- Wednesdays, 7:30-8:45 PM. 11-week session, $132, Sept 15-Dec 10, 2014
- No class of 10/15 & 11/26.
- This class if for dancers who have mastered the basics, generally after 6 months-1 year of belly dance classes.
- This session will focus on raqs assaya (Egyptian cane/stick dancing), and will culminate in a choreography with an optional recital in early December.
**Treat Yourself Right!**
Belly dance is for people of all ages, body types and fitness levels. There are no prerequisites. Just show up ready to learn and have fun!
Daytime and evening classes are available. Rosa offers both group classes & private lessons to suit your schedule and learning style.
**Belly Dance Class Policies**
ENVIRONMENT: A warm and supportive environment is cultivated to ensure that students are able to learn and grow. Encouragement and respect for each student's personal journey is paramount.
WHAT TO WEAR: Please wear yoga or exercise clothing. Bare feet or indoor-only dance shoes are welcome.
TIMING: Classes start promptly. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so have time to change and sign in. If you are more than 10 minutes late, please schedule a make-up class.
TUITION: Class tuition is non-refundable. In case of personal schedule changes, enrollment can be deferred by one session as long as this is immediately communicated to the instructor.
MAKE-UP CLASSES: Available at Rosa's other regularly scheduled classes during the same session.
FREE PARKING: Bring your garage ticket to class for stickers worth 2 hours of free parking. Neighborhood meters are free after 6 PM.
Bright Star World Dance
108 High Street, Fl 3
Portland, ME 04101
|Minimum Age: 14|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|