Negotiating Success for Women: A Workshop
Interested in negotiating a job offer? A pay raise? A home or car purchase? If you're a woman who has ever wanted to learn to negotiate to get more of what you want in your personal and/or professional life, this is the workshop for you.
Offered specifically for women by an expert on both negotiations and women's careers, this workshop uses the proven frameworks and methods developed and taught by leading business school faculty to enable you to learn the fundamentals of negotiations and quickly cultivate the skills to become a more effective negotiator. And because of the unique obstacles that women face in negotiations, this workshop also features actionable advice on how and when to "lean in" and "lean out" to obtain the best results.
IN THIS 3-HOUR WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN:
* Common ways in which women think about negotiating differently from men and how to reframe your assumptions to achieve success
* The simple steps to categorizing and understanding a negotiating situation and how to use those insights to succeed in your negotiation
* How to research and prepare for any negotiation . . . and why the best negotiators invest so much time in research and preparation
* Questions to ask and tactics to use in any negotiation to unlock more value
* How and when to "lean in" vs. "lean out" to get what you want while also avoiding "backlash"
* What your personal negotiating tendencies are and the easy things you can do to leverage them
* How to turn nearly any negotiation into a "win-win" opportunity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any woman in or out of the workforce who would like to be more confident, knowledgeable and skilled when negotiating in any context. Neither business background nor prior negotiations training expected or required.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: Prof. Maura A. Belliveau, Ph.D.
An expert on women's careers and negotiations, Dr. Maura Belliveau has been a faculty member at leading universities including Emory and Duke University, where she was named one of the outstanding business school faculty members in the U.S. by Business Week. She has received multiple other teaching awards for her development of business professionals and her custom teaching material has been used in graduate and executive education at the Harvard Business School, University of Michigan, Emory University, and Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Her research on negotiations and women's careers has been published in leading scholarly journals and been featured in The New York Times, Business Week, Fortune, The Economist, Fast Company, The Boston Globe, Washington Post, and on NPR. She regularly speaks about women's careers, networking and negotiation at major business schools, industry forums, and in private workshops, and provides individual consulting. Prior to earning her doctorate, Dr. Belliveau was a strategy consultant and senior manager. She is currently a management professor at LIU Post.
** LIMITED SPACE; PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED **
DATES: You can choose your session date: EITHER Saturday, Sept. 20, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. OR Saturday, Nov. 8, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
LOCATION: Lorber Hall, Room 100, Long Island University (C.W. Post Campus), Brookville, NY 11548 [see map]
Please direct questions to: Dr. Kay Sato, 516-299-2584; email: email@example.com
Long Island University (View)
720 Northern Boulevard, Lorber Hall, Room 100
Brookville, NY 11548
|Minimum Age: 20|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|