Asian Market Fieldtrip & Gourmet Lunch with Chinese Southern Belles, Natalie & Margaret Keng
--Curious, overwhelmed or intimidated by Asian markets?
--Want to learn how to mix n match ethnic and local ingredients to make fast, home-style meals?
--Interested in learning about authenticity and health alerts when eating out ? (e.g. Do you have the Americanized or authentic Chinese menu? or How do I request no msg, low-sodium or vegetarian?)
--Like Asian food, culture and shopping?
Join us for Atlanta's only Asian Market Fieldtrip & Gourmet Lunch with Chinese Southern Belles, Natalie & Margaret! Shop, learn and eat with us on a fun, interactive culinary and cultural experience with a gourmet teaching lunch and more!
NI HAO, Y'ALL!
Join mother-daughter Chinese Southern Belles (and Atlanta natives), Natalie and Margaret, for a fun, unique, hands-on eating and shopping experience! You'll learn about Chinese and Asian culture, history, plus great practical tips for cooking fast and delicious "Country Asian Fusion" food at home and helpful health and authenticity tips for eating out.
Featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, InTOWN Atlanta, Cook's Warehouse, Taste of Atlanta and Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (Atlanta), Natalie and Margaret enrich their tours with Buddha-to-Bubba family stories of growing up as an Asian family in the Deep South and passion for Chinese and international travel, food and culture. Ahead of their time, this dynamic duo has delighted friends with Country Asian creations and multicultural hospitality for over 30 years.
By sharing their tips and tales, Margaret and Natalie hope to add a fun fusion touch to the kitchen, a cross-cultural dimension to Atlanta's immigrant history, and a shared sense of community through the celebration of food, family and culture.
* Tour location: A new Asian market in the Buford Hwy/I-85 area (address will be provided after registration)
* Lunch location: Close to the market. We'll walk over after the tour
* Time: 10:00 am
* Handy to bring: notepad, pen, camera, re-usable grocery bag
* Space is limited
* All-inclusive package price includes tour, gourmet teaching lunch, tax, tips, food samples, resource lists and more.
* Feel free to share this invite with friends/colleagues
* Details about meeting address/location will be sent after registration is confirmed
Registration questions/problems: call 800-838-3006. Tour/instructor/media questions: email@example.com or call Natalie 770-405-8826.
More info or about other Chinese Southern Belle events: Visit www.chinesesouthernbelle.com
Upcoming Special Events:
* Join us for "Summer Harvest Festival" and our celebrity chef demo (1:00pm), Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Atlanta (LCB) "Summer Harvest Market" on August 30, 2009 at the Tucker campus, 1927 Lakeside Parkway. Festival is 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. http://www.slowfoodlcb.com/ and includes a farmers market, live bands, BBQ Booth, "Plant-a-Seed" and children's activities. Organized by the Slow Food Club, the festival aims to increase awareness of sustainability efforts and to support locally-owned businesses.
* Chinese HotPot Party with Natalie & Margaret, Thursday, Sept. 24, 7pm. Cook's Warehouse (Brookhaven) Register www.cookswarehouse.com or call 800-499-0996. With a simmering pot of stock in the center of the table and an array of hot pot healthy and fresh ingredients -- sliced meat, leafy vegetables, tofu, fish balls, dumplings, noodles ÂÂ plus savory dipping sauces, the hotpot is a popular tradition across Asia. Bring your chopsticks, your appetite and treat yourself to this fun, interactive eating experience!
Visit www.chinesesouthernbelle.com for more info or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-405-8826
Asian Market near I-85/Buford Hwy
Address will be provided after registration is completed
Atlanta, GA TBA
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|