IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hello brunch fans! It has only been 7 months since Zest Wishes started serving brunch that receives raving reviews and write-ups every so often. Want to see even more innovative menus at future brunches? Vote for Zest Wishes on A-List as Best Brunch Spot 2014. Thank you so much for supporting a locally-sourced small business with a vision! Cast your vote at the this link:|
Enjoy a-whole-new-level vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis of Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes, using GMO-free, local, organic ingredients and NO refined sugar, gluten, factory-produced, processed, overly-packaged, textured faux meats or vegetable protein isolates (eg. TVP, seitan) and faux cheeses (unless she makes them).
Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine and was recently featured in Wonderaddo blog. She was also praised by Pittsburgh Magazine and Muddy Melissa blog. Her vegan-friendly Around The World Pop-Up Dinner Series scored a chef profile in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and write-up by Pop City.
Juice counter for make-your-own raw fresh juice blends: Green-White & Orange-Yellow. Ingredients, including organic carrots, ginger, Mandarin oranges, pineapples, local organic apples, cucumbers, organic kale stems (leaves are used to wrap sausages...nothing goes to waste in this kitchen) kiwis and garlic are washed three times using filtered water-baking soda-sea salt solution.
Self-serve brewed organic, fair-trade coffee and tea with homemade almond milk and Grandma Z Maple Haus grade B dark maple syrup
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower frittata with nutritional yeast, besan (garbanzo flour), homemade almond milk
2) Savory, gluten-free pancakes with Weatherbury Farm's stone-ground, certified-organic buckwheat, organic chia seeds, English peas and Bluebird Farm certified-organic scallions
3) Homemade sprouted organic tofu chorizo, wrapped in organic kale leaves and grilled
4) Organic brown rice penne with homemade, unprocessed "cheddar" and cashew "ricotta." Topped with Wild Purveyors shitake mushroom "bacon" bits
5) Almond-veggie-grain filled inside-out tacos with Clarion River Organics cornmeal and black beans, Wild Purveyors cremini mushrooms, organic brown rice, organic millet, cumin, cilantro, jalapenos, red onion and mango-tomato pico de gallo in J P Farm Swiss chard leaves
6) Curried Clarion River Organics potatoes and onions with saffron, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cumin, curry leaves, fennel seeds and unrefined expeller-pressed virgin organic coconut oil
7) Organic baby kale salad, raw organic apple cider-maple vinaigrette, red onion, toasted organic rolled oats, homemade cashew "ricotta"
8) Chilled raw avocado-cucumber soup in walnut "cream" with Olive & Marlowe's gold-medal winning extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red onion, cumin, cilantro, organic lemon juice and zest
9) Steamed black rice with ground raw sesame, sea salt, toasted sesame oil and fresh coconut meat served on banana leaf [Fun Factor: guests eat with fingers]
10) Naturally-sweet raw blueberry-banana-coconut ice cream
Up to two children age 7 or younger, accompanied by paying adult, eat free. For each additional child or those 8-14, there is a $10 suggested donation to No Kid Hungry.
See you there!
Schwartz Living Market (View)
1317 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|