40th Annual Market Days Festival "FITness Challenge"
The 40th Annual Market Days Festival, Concord, NH invites you to participate in the first Market Days FITness Challenge, a mini challenge course, held on Thursday, July 17 and Friday, July 18 during Market Days at the corner of Pleasant St and Main St. Hosted by Fun Intelligent Training LLC and Intown Concord.
In the FITness Challenge, teams of four will have to master a variety of stations or obstacles which will require mutual cooperation and use of both brains and brawn to carry, pull, push, lift, and problem-solve. The course starts at Kennedy Avenue (off Pleasant Street Extension) and runs up to the intersection of Main and Pleasant, where there's plenty of room for friends and fans to cheer on the action. We encourage teams to come ready to have fun, celebrate the '70s, and show great team spirit even when faced with "obstacles"!
Register your team online (fee is $40 per team) right here at Brown Paper Tickets. Pick your team's challenge date:
* Thursday, July 17, 5 to 7pm: Concord's Fittest Gym Competition. Thursday's event will feature "Gym v. Gym," with teams of four competitors from local gyms, boot camps, personal trainers, and workout groups vying for the title. Winners will earn bragging rights as the fastest, strongest and smartest Concord area gym. Registration Fee is $40 per team. Medals to the fastest team who successfully completes the 5- to 7-minute challenge. Also a prize for best team outfit and most team spirit.
* Friday, July 18, 5 to 7pm: Concord's Four Fittest Team Competition. Friday's challenge will feature friends and families going head to head in the FITness Challenge. Friday night features teams of four competing in 2 divisions: Teams of Adults Only (16 yrs. and up) or All Ages (child friendly). Registration Fee is $40 per team. Medals to the fastest team who successfully completes the 5 to 7 minute challenge. Also a prize for best team outfit and most team spirit.
40 years ago...
- Billie Jean King faced off against Bobby Riggs in the "Battle of the Sexes"
- Secretariat won the Triple Crown
- Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's home run record
- Olga Korbut and Nadia Comaneci put women's gymnastics in the spotlight
- Muhammad Ali and George Forman held a "Rumble in the Jungle"
Now, on the 40th anniversary of Concord's Market Days Festival, it's your turn to make sports competition history!
Intersection of Pleasant + Main, downtown Concord NH (View)
1 Main St.
Concord, NH 03301
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|