August 15 - 17, 2014 - Vancouver, WA |
The NAMI WA conference brings together legal, medical and research professionals, providers, mental health consumers and family members over three days to advance the goal of - De-Stigmatizing and De-Criminalizing Mental Illness.
The 2014 NAMI WA conference speaker lineup includes:
* Justice Mary Fairhurst, Washington State Supreme Court
* Dan Satterberg, King County Prosecuting Attorney
* Sandy Mullins, Policy Advisor on Government Operations and Public Safety, Governor's Office
* Dr. Daniel Lessler, WA State Medicaid Director/Chief Medical Officer
* David Granirer and comedy show - Stand Up for Mental Health- starring Washington residents
Panels and workshops include:
* The Therapeutic Courts and Mental Illness: What More Do We Need?
* De-Stigmatizing Mental Illness in Public Schools: Do Schools Have Time and Talent To Provide Necessary Services for Children with Mental Health Diagnosis: Creative Approaches
* Youth, Mental Illness and Life
* Student Internships to Support NAMI Affiliate Efforts
* SEE ME - A NAMI SWWA Outreach Program to Reduce the Stigma of Mental Illness in Community Settings
* Community Partnerships Providing Services for Families with Mental Health Issues
* Innovative Law, Justice & Corrections Programs in Clark Co. with Judge Darvin Zimmerman
Additional LEGAL topics:
* Insanity defense (contrast state and federal law), restoration, incarceration of those found not guilty by reason of insanity and diminished capacity defenses with Clark County Prosecutor Tony Golik
* CIT Training for Police Officers: Lessons Learned and Needs To Be Met with Kathy McNicholas, Sergeant, Vancouver Police Dept. and Clark County Sheriff's Dept.
* Renovations in Facilities and Programs: Lessening the Impact of the Criminalization of the Mentally Ill by Ric Bishop, Clark County Chief Jail Deputy
Art Show - Art works by Individuals with mental illness or their family members, offering the creative spirit a treasured space at the conference to lift spirits and provoke thought. Registration information for artwork to follow.
The Conference registration includes:
- Friday night dinner at a unique location along with the David Granirer's Stand up for Mental Illness comedy group, and musicians Art Miller and Jesse Wade-Holyk
- Saturday continental breakfast with keynote speaker Justice Mary Fairhurst
- Saturday lunch with keynote speaker Dr. Daniel Lessler
- Saturday night dinner and BBQ with music by Blues Ranch Band and Tom Mann
- Sunday brunch breakfast
- For legal and judicial professional attendees (a total of 9 WSBA CLE credits pending approval)
HOTEL - INDIVIDUALS MUST MAKE THEIR OWN HOTEL RESERVATIONS. Conference registration DOES NOT include hotel.
The host hotel, Red Lion at the Quay, has reserved rooms at a conference rate of $85/singe, and $95/double per night night. When registering with the hotel you must specify that you are asking for the NAMI WA conference rate. These rates good for reservations made by JULY 16th.
Hotel location: 100 Columbia St., Vancouver, WA 98660.
CALL: (360) 694-8341
If you wish to be a sponsor or exhibitor, or have questions, contact the state office at email@example.com or 206-783-4288.
If you wish to Pay with a check, print a registration form from the www.namwa.org website and mail to NAMI WA, 7500 Greenwood Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103
11:30 Registration and Art Show open
1:15 - 2:15 Keynote by Sandy Mullins
2:15 - 2:30 Break
2:30 - 3:30 Plenary by Dan Satterberg
3:30 - 3:45 Break
3:45 - 4:45 Legal Panel
5:30 - 8:30 Dinner, entertainment by David Granirer's comedy group Stand Up For Mental Health and music by Art Miller and Jesse Wade-Holyk
7:00 - 8:00 Walk along the Columbia
8:00 - 9:00 Breakfast with keynote by Justice Mary Fairhurst
9:15 - 9:30 Break
9:30 - 10:30 Session 1 workshops (4 offerings)
10:30 -10:45 Break
10:45 - 11:45 Session 2 workshops (4 offerings)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch with keynote by Dr. David Lessler
1:15 - 2:15 Session 3 workshops (4 offerings)
2:15 - 2:30 Break
2:30 - 3:30 Session 4 workshops (4 offerings)
3:30 - 3:45 Break
3:45 - 4:45 Session 5 workshops (4 offerings)
4:45 - 5:30 Break
5:30 - 8:30 Dinner with music
8:00 - 9:00 Breakfast
9:30 - 11:00 Annual Meeting
11:00 - 11:30 Legislative Update
11:30 - 12:00 Wrap up and conference Take Away messages
For detailed agenda and most current information visit the NAMI Washington website, www.namiwa.org.
NAMi Washington is producing the conference with the NAMI Southwest Washington Affiliate as host.
Members of NAMI are eligible for a discounted registration fee.
DISTANCE DISCOUNT - contact the NAMI WA office.
MEMBERS in the following affiliates (Chelan/Douglas, Clallam, Jefferson, Kittitas, Palouse, Skagit, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Yakima) are eligible for the Distance Discount. In order to encourage participation by multiple members in affiliates with long travel distances, a discount is offered to members of these affiliates if 4 or more individuals register. Contact the NAMI WA office for a coupon code if you plan to utilize this discount.
We encourage all attendees to join NAMI at
- Joining online makes one a member at all three levels of NAMI - National, State and Local
Each added voice strengthens our voice of advocacy and provides free services to community members in communities across the country.
|Friday Aug 15, 2014 11:30 AM - Sunday Aug 17, 2014 12:30 PM | $50.00 - $220.00
Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
100 Columbia St.
Vancouver, WA 98660