Click here to download the event flyer.
"Basics of Wood Veneer Doors"
DATE: Thursday, May 22, 2014
5:30 PM - Registration / Social Hour (Networking - Tabletops)
6:30 PM - Dinner & Program
- Anatomy of a tree, including basic parts and structure.
- Veneer cutting methods (rotary, plain-sliced, etc.), including prepping the log and appearance of cuts.
- Drying and grading the veneer.
- Making the door face, including splicing options (book, slip, random), yield and cost, barber poling.
- Flitch positioning on door face (running, balanced, center balanced).
- Specifying birch veneer.
- Natural characteristics in veneer ... what's acceptable and what's not.
(Click here to download the event flyer for additional information.)
Merle E. Visser - Oshkosh Door Company
NewSchool of Architecture + Design
1249 F Street, San Diego, CA 92101
(Please enter the building near the corner of 13th and G Streets.)
SDCSI Chapter Members: Cost included in the dues of current Chapter members*
Students (members & non-members): $13.00*
*$10 added to the cost across the board (including Chapter Members) if RSVP is received after 3:00 PM Monday, May 19th.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION:
CHAPTER MEMBERS: No charge will be assessed unless registering after the 3:00 PM Monday, May 19th deadline.
PREFER NOT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD? If you wish to pay by check, please send an email to email@example.com to save a spot at the early bird pricing and follow up with a check, made payable to "CSI San Diego," to PO Box 191307, San Diego, CA 92159-1307. Payments must be received no later than Monday, May 19th or a $10 premium will apply.
WALK-INS accepted at the door on a "space available" basis. However, only cash or check payments will be accepted at the door (no credit cards).
CANCELLATIONS: Refunds will only be given for cancellations received before noon on Monday, May 19th.
NO SHOWS: Payments for no-shows will be retained in full.
NewSchool of Architecture + Design (View)
1249 F Street
San Diego, CA 92101
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|