On Saturday, May 31, 2014 the Austin Saengerrunde will open its doors to the 2nd Annual Austin MAIFEST. The event will include over 10 of Central Texas' best-known local breweries showcasing German-style Beers benefiting Foodways Texas.
$25 advance ticket includes samples from any of the following beers:
- Austin Beerworks: Heisenberg (German-style Kristallweizen)
- Circle Brewing: EPIC Hop Bock (combines the styles of a German Helles Bock with an American IPA)
- Karbach Brewing Co.: Sympathy for the Lager (Lager)
- Grapevine Craft Brewery: Monarch (Pale Wheat Ale)
- Hops & Grain: Alt-eration Ale (German-style Altbier)
- Live Oak Brewing: Schwarzbier (opaque black lager)
- Real Ale Brewing: Hans Pils (German Pilsner)
- Pedernales Brewing: Lobo Negro (Munich Dunkel Lager & Classic Hefe-Weizen)
- Rahr & Sons Brewing: Summertime Wheat (Hefeweizen)
- Saint Arnold Brewing: Santo (black Kölsch-style)
Live music entertainment will come from
Clover Leaf, Los Kolaches, Off the Grid and Sour Bridges with full access to the rooftop biergarten and bowling alley with food available for purchase from neighboring Scholz Garten.
About our beneficiary: Foodways Texas was founded in July 2010 by a group of scholars, chefs, journalists, restaurateurs, farmers, ranchers, and other citizens of the state of Texas who have made it their mission to preserve, promote and celebrate the diverse food cultures of Texas. We represent a movement to preserve the vibrant foodways of Texas through oral history projects, documentary films, recipe collections, and scholarly research. We seek to highlight the state's distinctive foods and food cultures by staging an annual scholarly symposium, supporting educational food-based seminars, promoting local food networks, and partnering with universities and other non-profit organizations to educate future generations about the stories behind the food we eat.
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2014 1-7 pm (RAIN or SHINE)
Price: $25 Advance / $35 Door / $10 Members at Door
This is a first come, first served event so we encourage you to arrive early as we cannot guarantee that the beer will not run out at some point in the day. No refunds will be issued.
Is this an all ages event?
- All ages are welcome but you must be 21+ to drink alcohol. Admission for children under 13 years of age is FREE.
Is this a dog friendly event?
- Due to our food permit policy for this event, dogs are not allowed. Sorry.
Is there re-entry?
Can I bring outside drinks or food?
Where to park?
- There is plenty of street parking around the perimeter of the venue, both metered and non-metered.
To stay up to date on all the latest news, follow us on twitter @saengerrundeATX / #MaifestATX or Facebook/AustinMaifest.
Saengerrunde Hall (View)
1607 San Jacinto
Austin, TX 78701
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|