Ben and Larry's BBQ and Blues Adventure
1) This is a fundraising event and we are raising funds for equipment for Ben and Larry. Ben is going to the Des Moines Farmer's Market next summer and the Packwood Swap Meet this summer and selling his brisket sandwiches. So he needs to raise funds for the equipment and supplies to kick it off. Larry is expanding his smoking capability and adding a freezer.
2) Music - The line up is awesome!
5:15PM - Ayron Jones - This guy is hot. Fresh off opening for BB King at the Moore in March, he will be slinging his Stratocaster in a solo performance.
6:30PM - Kim Field and the Mighty Titans of Tone - Seriously! Super smooth blues and one of the best harp players in the world.
Open Mic and Jam - I will certainly be getting my blues on stage and channeling some SRV.
3) Food - We will have some awesome BBQ and make it a full plate of fine food. Since we are testing out the presentation, rolls, etc. You will need to keep a lot of room if you want to try everything. Be hungry!
*-- Larouex BBQ Smoked Beef Brisket
*-- Ben's Brisket Sandwich
*-- Ben's Slaw
*-- Texas Caviar
*-- Baked Beans
*-- Potato Salad
*-- Lynnae Sweet & Sour Dill's
*-- Three of the Jordan Famous Cakes
*-- Larouex BBQ Sauce
*-- Larouex Firehouse Pepper Sauce
4) The Place - The Stables is as cool and funky place in Seattle as you can find. Free parking, lots of space and places to hang out. Let's hope for a nice day, we can open the patio and hang outside too!
5) The Date - May 18th is a special day. It is the anniversary of Mount St. Helens and the marriage anniversary for Mary Jordan and myself. I picked the date so I would never forget it, I think we may try to re-enact scenes from Monty Python's Meaning of Life to celebrate our 23 years together.
The Georgetown Stables (View)
980 South Nebraska
Seattle, WA 98108
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|