9th San Francisco International Bagpipe Festival|
April 6, 2014
Drone Magic is a unique festival of bagpipe music from around the world. Many of our pipers will perform music and traditions of their own heritage, from dark laments to fiery dance music. Listen to the piping traditions of Ireland, Spain, Bulgaria, Northumberland, Scotland, Serbia, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, and Sweden.
2 PM Video presentation
David Marker - Zampogna: The Soul of Southern Italy
3 PM Lady Pipers
- Tesser Call, Spanish "Gaita"
- Cathy Chilcott, Irish "Uilleann pipe" , Spanish "Gaita"
- Donna Denevan, Spanish "Gaita"
- Billie Nerver, Scottish "Small pipe and Great Highland pipe"
- Autumn Rhodes, Irish "Uillean pipe" and more....
4:00 PM Gala Concert
- Vassil Bebelekov and Maria Bebelekova, Bulgarian "Gajda" and voice
- Hector Bezanis, Greek "Gajda"
- Lewis Blevins, Irish "Uilleann pipe"
- Bruce Cochran, Bulgarian "Kaba gajda", Bulgarian women singers
- Manoli Houlis, Greek "Tsabouna"
- La Banda de Gaita, Spanish "Gaita" pipe-band
- David Marker, Italian "Zampogna's"
- Lynne Miller, Scottish "Great Highland Pipe"
- Ferenc Tobak, Croatian "Gajde" and Moldavian Hungarian bagpipes "Sip and Csimpoly", Lilla Serlegi vocal
- Milan Vasalic, Serbian "Diple and Velika Gajde"
- William Wakefield, Northumbrian pipe
- Mark and Jennie Walstrom, Swedish "Sackpipa" and vocal
Master of Ceremonies, David J. Winter
Door $ 15, Free for children
If you are bringing your bagpipe and play a tune by the door you are get in free!
Croatian American Cultural Center
60 Onondaga Ave. San Francisco, CA 94112
Ethnic food will be available before the gala concert.
This project has organized by Ferenc Tobak - Living The Tradition.
Croatian American Cultural Center (View)
60 Onondaga Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|