Join celebrated publicist Victoria Meyer, marketing maven Bridget Marmion, and social media master Rich Kelley on April 10 (6:00 PM to 7:30 PM) for a lively, interactive, insiders discussion of what gets results today in book publicity and promotion. In a spirited ninety minutes we will cover the critical questions all authors face:|
• How do publicists pitch media?
• How can an author build a "public profile"?
• What's critical in a successful pitch?
• Do press releases still work?
• In what formats do reviewers want to receive submissions?
• What media triggers sales these days?
• What publicity can an author get herself and when do you need to hire a publicist?
• How far in advance of publication does an author need to begin publicity/hire a publicist?
• How do you get your book "off-the-book-page" coverage
• What exactly is "Word of Mouth" marketing?
• How do you find your readers?
• What kind of events are worth doing?'
• What are the best ways to find readers on the different social platforms?
• How do audiences differ on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Goodreads?
• What is an adequate social media footprint?
• How can I get the most from social media in the least amount of time?
• How far in advance of publication does an author need to engage social media?
• Are online ads worth buying?
• Does blogging really help sell books?
Your $50 ticket includes light fare.
Who should attend?
• Authors eager to raise their profiles and, ideally, sell more books whether published traditionally or self-published
• Agents and editors who want to hear how publicity actually works
• Publicists who want keep up with the latest best practices in social media
Victoria Meyer is founder and principal at VM/PR, an independent PR agency. As VP, Executive Director of Publicity for Simon & Schuster's flagship imprint (1990—2010), she masterminded the strategies that turned scores of first-time authors into best-selling household names.
Bridget Marmion's career includes over a decade each at FSG, Random House and Houghton Mifflin, mostly as SVP Marketing. She's the founder and president of Your Expert Nation.
Rich Kelley has held executive positions in editorial, marketing and/or subsidiary rights at FSG, Walker, Macmillan Book Clubs, Newbridge, Doubleday Select, and Book of the Month Club. He now applies his thirty years of experience selling books to specialized audiences via direct marketing to marketing books online to communities of common interests.
The Conference Room Confabs Series
Publicity and Promotion Best Practices is part of a series of Conference Room Confabs Your Expert Nation is hosting every other month. The next one will be on Creating and Tracking Online Ads with Rich Kelley on June 5. Tickets are on sale now.
Your Expert Nation (View)
817 Broadway (at 12th Street), 10th Floor
New York, NY 10003
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|