Whole Foods for Heart Health
Heart disease causes 1 in 4 deaths in the United States and is the number 1 killer of women. Do you know how to keep your heart healthy and arteries free and clear? It's not just red meat and fat! In this class you will learn the underlying causes of heart disease and what common foods make us susceptible to suffering from heart related illnesses. You'll learn the skinny on fat, cholesterol and why butter really is better! Then, we'll get cooking in the kitchen to show you some simple and delicious heart healthy recipes you can easily make at home.
This class includes:
- Demonstration of 3 simple and amazing recipes
- Generous taste of each mouthwatering dish (come hungry!)
- Nutrition education session so you can become an informed consumer
- Packet of recipes and grocery lists to make shopping a breeze
- Lots of food, fun and new friends!
Project SHARE kitchen
5 North Pomfret Street, Carlisle
Project SHARE (View)
5 North Orange Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|