"Guitar Master" (Toronto Star), Pavlo, continues to travel the world and work every audience into a hot Mediterranean frenzy! Pavlo introduced his infectious signature "6-String VS Greek Bouzouki" sound in 1998, when record executives told him "You will never find a market for this music." And, Pavlo's reply? "Challenge accepted."
Inspired by his own Greek father's words, "Have the courage to do what you love, and the drive to do it well," Pavlo created his own record label, and entered into the music scene as an "independent Pavlo is a true world artist, and yet remains one of the most humble and charming gentlemen anyone could meet. Pavlo, being forever thankful to his fans and audience, admits the rumor is true: Pavlo does, in fact, give away his own guitar during every concert!
When the Globe and Mail reviewed a Pavlo show, they reviewed the experience as "Amazing? Astonishing!!"
For being all instrumental, Pavlo's Mediterranean music speaks for itself.
In his 9th album,"Six String Blvd" Pavlo incorporates the world's most exotic instruments into his classic Mediterranean sound. Influenced by his travels, you will be captured by the Chinese Ehru; the Portuguese Guitarra; the Arabic Flute; the Indian Sitar and of course the Greek Bouzouki.
Pavlo has come full circle since he introduced his Mediterranean brand in 1998, once again recording an All-Instrumental album. Complete with all brand new compositions, this album highlights Pavlo's unmatched ability to melodically unite world instruments into his sound seamlessly, all the while staying true to his distinct Mediterranean guitar signature.
It has never been more convincing, Pavlo is a TRUE WORLD artist, and has become famous for bringing every audience to their feet.
Pavlo continues to tour worldwide performing over 150 shows per year and is still driven by his father's famous words:
"Have the courage to do what you love, and the drive to do it well."
Pavlo has nine albums one DVD and one collaboration. In order of release:
* Pavlo (1998)
* Fantasia (2000)
* I Feel Love Again (2002)
* Frostbite - Music for the Holidays (2003)
* Mediterranean Lounge (2004)
* Irresistible (2005)
* Live at Massey Hall (2007)
* Live: Mediterranean Nights (CD and DVD 2008)
* Trifecta - Pavlo, Rik Emmett Oscar Lopez collaboration (2009)
* Six String Blvd (2011)
Awards, Nominations and Highlights:
* PBS Special "Pavlo: Mediterranean Nights" - aired nationally by networks: Bravo and CBC Bold in Canada and PBS in the U.S.A.
* Best Instrumental Album of the Year for "Trifecta" (2010 - Juno Nomination - Canada's Equivalent to the Grammy's)
* Best Instrumental Album of the Year for "Fantasia" (2000 - Juno Nomination)
* Performs average of 150 concerts per year
* Half Million Records Sold worldwide
* Two Gold Albums (Fantasia and Pavlo)
* Selected and Performed for His Royal Highness Prince Charles (April, 2001)
* In 2002, Pavlo won a lawsuit against R&B Mega Stars: R-Kelly and Jay-Z. The R&B stars sampled Pavlo's music and made a Top 10 hit song "Fiesta" based on Pavlo's original melody "Fantasia". Pavlo's actual guitar work was lifted and placed repeatedly into the song 27 times. Pavlo now shares in the publishing of the song as a co-writer.
* World Artist of the Year (2005)
* Billboard Top 10 (May, 2005)
* Touring Artist of the Year (2006)
* Montreal Jazz Festival - Headlined Main Stage for 20,000 + people (2006)
* Top Choice Awards 2006 "Greek Man of the Year"
* Top Choice Awards 2007 "Greek Man of the Year"
* Smooth Jazz Guitarist of the Year (2007 Nomination)
* Music Featured in "So You Think You Can Dance"; Marine Life (starring Cybil Shepherd); CTV's Eleventh Hour;Just Cause; Showcase/Showtime L Word; The Chris Isaak Show (2 episodes)
* Pavlo owns his own line of nylon string acoustic guitars retailing online and across Canada, called "Pavlo, Signature Series".
See more click here
* Pavlo is known for giving away his guitar to someone in the audience at EVERY concert!
* Pavlo has developed his own wine: a signature reserve "Pavlo" Meritage produced by multi-award winning winery, Mastronardi Estate Winery, located near Lake Erie's North Shore in Kingsville, Ontario For more info: www.mastronardiwines.com
* Pavlo is the North American Spokesperson for Batten Disease Awareness. Batten Disease is a rare and always fatal degenerative brain disease that affects children. For more info: www.bdsra.org
* Pavlo organized a Canadian Guitar Trio made of himself and 2 Time Juno Award Winner, Oscar Lopez and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Rik Emmett (Rock Group, Triumph). Together they composed all songs on their album "Trifecta" which was later nominated for 2010 Juno, and they completed a national sold out tour.
Oxnard Performing Arts and Convention Center (View)
800 Hobson Way
Oxnard, CA 93030
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|