Beginner to Intermediate Mushroom Cultivation Workshop - Provisions Mushroom Farm
Christian and Ria Kaelin owners of Provisions Mushroom Farm are excited to offer an up close and personal farm tour and cultivation workshop. Learn how to produce fresh mushrooms in small or large quantities, for home or commercial use. Participants will take home mushroom kits that are made during the class. Enjoy an open discussion and hands on demonstrations about growing mushroom food from wood and waste materials. Class handouts will be offered to help you absorb all of the information during and after the workshop.
A delicious, catered hot lunch will be served using a variety of fresh mushrooms and is included with your registration. Space is limited, so reserve your ticket today.
Participants can expect to learn:
- Detailed instruction of sterile laboratory techniques
- Laboratory design and function.
- Tissue culture and spore germination in petri dishes.
- Culture transfer to prepared substrates.
- Hands on prep and sterilization of growing mediums.
- Bulk straw pasteurization and inoculation.
- Bulk supplemented sawdust prep and sterilization.
- Fruiting mushrooms from prepared materials.
- Grow room design and function.
- Humidification, ventilation, and pest control.
- Mushroom species and their growing parameters.
Provisions Mushroom Farm (View)
Will detail once registered
Olympia, WA 98512
|Minimum Age: 10|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|