6:30- 8:00pm VIP $100
8:00-1:00am General Admission $20, $50 Unlimited drinks, $100+ All of the above and beyond!
LightSpace Studios (1115 Flushing Ave, Brooklyn NY), one of Brooklyn's newest photo and event spaces, will be the site of the 2013 Winter Solstice Feast, a party and fundraiser hosted by EcoStation:NY and benefitting local food justice and urban agriculture projects Bushwick Farmers' Market (and its new, vegetable oil-powered Bushwick Farmers' Market Green Machine), Bushwick Campus Farm & Greenhouse (and related youth and adult apprentice programs), and rooftop farming project, Farm-in-the-Sky.
Top chefs from local restaurant will be offering tastings, local spirits will be flowing, the music and entertainment will be joyous, and the crowd is always warm and wonderful at this celebration of light, life, friendship, and food.
Revelers can expect tantalizing food and drink from restaurants like Tandem Bar and Restaurant, El Paisa Taqueria, Green Streets Salads, Pine Box Rock Shop, Northeast Kingdom, Fine & Raw Chocolate, and more! Dance the night away with entertainment provided by local Brooklyn bands including a showcase of island rhythms from QuabLab Productions.
We invite you to join our team and our Honorary Co-Chairs and Co-Hosts for what is sure to be an amazing evening.
Honorary Co-Chair and Co-Host Committee (in formation):
Honorary Co-Chairs -
- Alison Cohen, Senior Director of Programs, WhyHunger
- Phillip Gilmour and Chance Johnson, Co-Owners, Momo's Sushi Shack
- Elizabeth Guzman, Chair of the Board of El Puente
Honorary Co-Hosts -
- Jason Michael Anderson, CEO, J-Michael's Desins
- Kim Anderson, Co-Director, Eldert Street Garden
- Tim Bern, Co-Owner, Mominette Bistro
- Thomas Burr Dodd, Owner, Brooklyn Fireproof East
- Gabriela Fullon, Co-Founder and Daily Editor, CIMAmag.com
- William Gilson, MD, Private Practice Psychiatrist
- Sari Gonzalez, Co-Owner, Polaris Bites Catering
- Christina Grace, Food Systems Consultant, New Territories
- Michaela Hayes, Owner, Crock & Jar
- Heather Horgan, Outreach and Market Director, East New York Farms!
- Soren Meischeid, Consultant, Organizational Development
- Laura Newman, Film Director & Vocalist
- Michelle O'Malley, Return Peace Corps Volunteer, Agriculture Extension, Senegal
- Nancy Romer, Chief Executive Officer, Brooklyn College Community Partners
- D. Rooney, Senior Apprentice, Farm School NYC
- Heather and Jeff Rush, Co-Owners, Pinebox Rockshop
- Adam Schwartz, Dir. of Sustainable Practices, Educating Tomorrow
- Leslie Whitaker, Event Planner and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Marianne Williams, Educator, Academy for Environmental Leadership
Your ticket sale is not tax-deductible. If you or your organization is interested in making tax-deductible donations over $100, please email WinterSolsticeFeast@gmail.com.
LightSpace Studios (View)
1115 Flushing Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|