Stage Make-Up Workshop
STAGE GLAMOUR FOR DANCERS! Learn how to apply stage make-up from Lydia Fortner, one of Fresno's most versatile performers!
Enhance your dance with some knock-out glamour for your face. Don't let your costumes and stage lights overpower your face! Enhance your facial expressions to convey emotions to your audience. Lydia is a professional belly dancer, instructor at California Arts Academy, and director of Tanjora Tribal Bellydance. She's also a former ballet dancer in The Fresno Ballet and Fresno Civic Ballet, as well as a former makeup artist for Lancome and Prescriptives. She will show you how to contour and highlight your features for the stage, and how to master those challenging false eyelashes!
For Teens & Adults
Tuesday, November 26, 6:30-8:00pm.
$15 for registered California Arts Academy students,
$20 for unregistered students.
Participants must bring their own make-up and tools.
Pre-registration is recommended!
Recommended items to bring:
2) Brushes and sponges. You'll need a flat rounded brush, a flat slanted brush, a blush brush, and ideally a small "barrel" brush, lip brush, and a large poofy powder brush.
3) Sharpener for makeup pencils.
4) Face powder. Recommended: Lancome's "Dual Finish".
5) Blush in a peachy or light rosy color (no dark brick shades).
6) Eyelid primer if you have it.
7) Eyebrow pencil in a shade slightly darker than your own eyebrows.
8) Black pencil eyeliner and a black powder eyeshadow.
9) Matte or satin eyeshadows in neutral shades in a dark, medium, and light color (brown, taupe, tan, beige, camel, shell, champagne, mink).
10) High shine or glitter eyeshadow - colors like gold, silver, copper and other metallics, blues, greens, olives, etc. Make sure you have at least one light color!
12) False eyelashes and eyelash glue. Recommended: Ardell's or Andrea's #33 lashes, and Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive.
13) Black liquid eyeliner optional.
14) Lip liner in a shade slightly darker than your own lips.
15) Lipstick in a rosy or red color. No brown shades!
16) Clear or very light lip gloss.
17) Rhinstones, glitter, and bindis are optional.
18) Your camera!
MORE ABOUT MISS LYDIA
Lydia Fortner has been teaching Tribal Bellydance at California Arts Academy since January of 2004. She has been involved in this San Francisco based form of fusion Bellydance since 2000, taking classes and workshops from prominent Tribal Bellydancers such as Shawna Rai of Natya Hara, Rachel Brice, Carolena Nericcio and Karen Gherman of FatChanceBellyDance, Jill Parker of Ultra Gypsy, and Kajira Djoumahna of United We Dance, as well as Traditional style Bellydancers Artemis Mourat, Shoshanna, Angell Estrada, and Suhaila Salimpour. She performed with Bellydancing by Zamora's Troupe & Agency, and the Guild of Zamora's Gypsies. Raised in Fresno, Lydia also performed with the Fresno Ballet, Fresno Civic Ballet, and the Portable Dance Troupe. Lydia has a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art from CSUF, and played cello in the CSUF Orchestra. She currently is the director of Tanjora Tribal Bellydance, and the Guild of Banat Tanjora.
California Arts Academy - Blackstone Theater (View)
4750 N. Blackstone Ave.
Fresno, CA 93726
|Minimum Age: 13|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|