Beer & Cassoulet
We're ready for some cassoulet! We'll be featuring cassoulet on the menu starting with this preview event on Saturday. From 1-4 p.m. you'll get three styles of cassoulet with a variety of beer pairings.
The beer list (all bottles except where noted):
- Thiriez Extra - Daniel Thiriez brews farmhouse ales in the small town of Esquelbecq, near the border with Belgium. Extra is an earthy, dry-hopped, 4.5% saison.
- Au Baron Cuvée des Jonquilles - hybrid saison/bière de garde from a tiny farmhouse brewery in the north of France. Refreshing and effervescent.
- Trou du Diable Grivoise de Noël - from our Francophone neighbors to the north, an award-winning subtly spiced strong Belgian dubbel with honey
- Trou du Diable Cholie Fraulein (draft) - malty dunkel from Shawinigan, Quebec; the only keg in NYC
- Brasserie St. Germain Page 24 Brune - unique roasty, dark brown bière de garde from the North of France
- Bourganel Bière au Nougat - lager brewed with nougat from the Ardèche. Nutty, sweet aroma with dry finish.
- Mont Blanc La Rousse - amber ale brewed with hibiscus and elderberry and water from the Mont Blanc glacier
- Pays Flamand/Nøgne Ø Prototype (draft) - Juniper porter. Kjetil from Nøgne Ø brought juniper berries with him from Norway to France to brew this collaboration.
- Cidrerie du Perche L'Hermetière Cidre Brut - Cidrerie du Perche makes traditional cider Normady from their own organically grown apples. Their ciders are unpasteurized, unfiltered, and naturally carbonated through bottle-conditioning. The Brut is lively and complex with the delicate aroma of ripe apples, leather, and freshly mown hay.
- Cidrerie du Perche L'Hermetière Poiré - Perry made with pure pear juice. It has a fruity aroma with light lemon notes and a tart mouthfeel, like a dry white wine
Last year this was one of our favorite events, a casual and intimate guided tasting with cassoulet!
Jimmy's No. 43 (View)
43 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10003