FOUR CLOWNS Jr. presents Somewhere Like Earth
Four Clowns Jr. presents...
Somewhere Like Earth
Written by Mike Funt
Created by Four Clowns
directed by Turner Munch
Sat. 12/7 @ 2pm
Sun. 12/8 @ 2pm
Sat. 12/14 @ 2pm
Sun. 12/15 @ 2pm
Four Clowns Jr. who previously brought you Robin Hood at South Coast Repertory and That Beautiful Laugh at the 2012 Hollywood Fringe Festival and Long Beach Playhouse brings Somewhere Like Earth, an interactive physical comedy for children (ages 6 - 11) about the environment and sustainability.
@ Attic Theatre
a part of the Imaginese Festival
5429 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Somewhere Like Earth is a hilarious new Four Clowns, Jr. show developed to help children get excited about caring for the environment. Our hero is a clown who arrives in a pristine paradise where he is met by the clown guardians of earth, air, and water. Through a series of fun comic bits and clown routines, each guardian clown shows off why his or her specialty is the best. However, when our hero clown's excitement inadvertently leads to waste and destruction, the clowns must come together to learn how they can all live together in mutual benefit and harmony.
$5 Children (13 years old and under)
$10 Adults (14 years old and up)
Production Design by Lis Vizcarra
Stage Management from Ashley Jo Navvaro
and Artistic Director Jeremy Aluma
*Fresh squeezed juice and snacks will be available.The first two weekends in December. 12/7, 12/8 12/14, 12/15 at 2pm. www.kids.fourclowns.org
A part of the IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL!
December 7th - 21st, 2013
This three week long festival features:
FOUR CLOWNS' Kid Show
Sat/Sun: 12/7 & 12/8
Sat/Sun: 12/14 & 12/15
*All shows at 2pm
Fri/Sat/Sun: 12/13, 12/14, 12/15
*All shows at 8pm
IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT
IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT (Belief & Lowlands)
At THE ATTIC THEATER 5429 Washington Blvd Los Angeles CA
Near Washington and La Brea; Free street parking
Arrive half an hour early to enjoy Pre-show Visual Art Madness
Tickets from $7 -$42
*A portion of the proceeds charitable contributions to Young Storyteller's Foundation.
1. Jeremy Aluma's award-winning FOUR CLOWNS is opening the festival with an exciting kid's show on SUSTAINABILITY, a favorite environmental topic among Imaginese artists. (Ages 7-11; Kid's $5, Adults $10) Fresh squeezed juice and snacks will be available.The first two weekends in December. 12/7, 12/8 12/14, 12/15 at 2pm. www.kids.fourclowns.org
2. CRACKING ZEUS :Greek Gods, the 1980's, and crack. Who are we really? Cal Arts Alum, CHRISTOPHER HAMPTON, has written and directed a play that challenges our perceptions-- with a backdrop of the mythical greek gods, revenge, and the 1980's crack epidemic. A highly thought-provoking visual art exhibit proceeds each performance. Q&A with writer/director follows Saturday performance 12/14. Wine and beer available. The second weekend in December. 12/13, 12/14, 12/15 at 8pm.
3. An IMAGINESE SCENE NIGHT, watch a roulette of material developed through Imaginese, all ready for the next stage of creation. DANCE, MUSIC, FILM, COMEDIC, DRAMATIC, POLITICAL RANTS, STAND-UP. Our top Writers, Actors, and Directors come together to explore a plethora of STYLES and MEDIUMS. Audience members choose their own adventure; the running order based on audience participation. The third weekend in December 12/20 at 8pm.
4. IMAGINESE FILM NIGHT, a screening of films developed by Imaginese: shorts, features, & featurettes. A double feature of Imaginese films make up the main course, screening the 8min short, BELIEF, a dark comedy in which two best friends challenge their respective beliefs in God and Santa. Directed by Shaun Greenspan, Written by Steven Vivell. Starring Jason Greene and Arne Gjelten. Followed by a feature film, Associate Produced by Imaginese, LOWLANDS which follows 8 stories-- each in search of the ever-elusive center of Los Angeles. Directed by Russell Sadeghpour. (72mins) A flurry of Imaginese Trailers in post-production will also be shown. Popcorn and raffles totaling over $600 in value.
Closing the evening and Festival is an inclusive Q&A roundtable, Producer's discussion and festival closing ceremonies.
5. MAE KOO PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT, beautiful, radical, and haunting, Mae Koo's photo illustrations, and ground-breaking photography-- all captured in one spot, for a one-of-a-kind photo exhibit. This is part of the IMAGINESE ARTS FESTIVAL, a two-night visual exhibit preceding live theatre and Imaginese films. Not to missed, this 7-8p exhibit will be accompanied by wine and beer bar, and lots of discussion. Friday and Saturday nights 12/20 & 12/21 @ 7pm; this ticket automatically gains you entrance into the performances following. See more at https://maekoo.squarespace.com
ALL FESTIVAL PASS: $42.00 includes a ticket to each festival production and two free drinks, priority seating. (Must RSVP to email@example.com each performance).
ECONOMY FESTIVAL PASS: $25.00 includes a ticket to each festival production. (Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org each performance).
GENERAL SINGLE FESTIVAL TICKET: $10.00
PRE-SALE TICKET: $7.00 *Limited
CHILDREN SHOW TICKET: $5.00
The Attic Theater (View)
5429 W. Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|