Food Mechanic Workshop
THE NUTRITIONIST AND THE GREASE MONKEY
Tanya is a passionate foodie, cook and nutrition consultant; Wes is a knowledgeable mechanic with years of experience. Together, we love great food, reliable cars and helping people become informed consumers. We want to share our knowledge with you in a fun, applicable and hands-on kind of way. In our Food Mechanic Workshops you'll learn how to keep yourself and your car healthy and running smoothly.
If you're trying to eat well, the amount of health and nutrition information out there can feel very overwhelming. When you join Tanya in the kitchen you'll learn the essentials of creating a healthy and healing kitchen using whole, unprocessed ingredients. You'll tie on your apron for a hands-on cooking class, create simple mouthwatering and family friendly meals that will help keep you and your loved ones healthy and energized.
In the kitchen you will learn:
- where to shop for the best quality, local and seasonal foods in the area
- what pantry essentials to stock that promote health and healing
- how to really read food labels and why you should ditch the nutrition facts
- strategies for incorporating more nutritious meals into your busy life
- simple cooking techniques that you can use everyday
Car upkeep can be expensive no matter if you're taking your car in for regular maintenance or for an emergency repair. Join Wes in the shop and get a first-hand look at your car's most important components, from alternators to z-rated tires. Under Wes' instruction you'll leave with grease under your fingernails and the confidence to properly understand and maintain your vehicle.
In the garage you will learn:
- how to safely jumpstart a car, change a flat tire, check fluids, belts and hoses
- simple car maintenance you can do yourself at home
- basic vehicle anatomy and common areas of wear and tear
- what the noises and warning lights in your car really mean
- important questions to ask when faced with a big repair
After a short drive into the country (Perry County), you'll arrive at our little homestead. We'll do some introductions, a brief overview and then get to work. Half of the group will get cooking in the kitchen while the other half cruises on down to the garage (it's actually a short walk, but you can say hi to the chickens on the way!). After an hour we'll switch so each group gets a chance to chop and change oil. Then, we'll come together to enjoy great company, conversation and a delicious meal. Each participant receives a packet with recipes, grocery lists and informational car care handouts. It's a blast and you should totally come join us!
The Gutshall Kitchen and Garage (View)
429 Losh Road
Shermans Dale, PA 17090
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|