Woodford Reserve Tasting & Dinner
In celebration of 20 years of contemporary Southern cuisine at South City Kitchen Midtown, we traveled to Woodford Reserve's distillery in Kentucky to personally taste and select a unique, one-of-a-kind Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
This blend, available nowhere else in the world but Fifth Group Restaurants, will be featured at two special events on Thursday, October 17. In attendance at both will be Woodford Reserve master distiller, Chris Morris. He'll answer your questions and talk about his passion for this all-American spirit.
First, a bourbon tasting with these delicious Southern-style hors d'oeuvres will take place in the downstairs dining room from 5:30-7pm.
* Grilled Southern shell oysters with maple-bourbon-apple mignonette
* Carolina Gold jambalaya arancini with pimentón aioli
* Bourbon-cured salmon with rye croutes, housemade lemon mascarpone and beet slaw
* Smoked pork belly with General Lee honey and benne seeds
* Ants-on-a-log--celery sticks filled with pimento cheese and topped with spiced pecans
* Braised short rib sliders on mini buns with smoked poblano ketchup and arugula
The cost of the bourbon tasting is $40 per person.
Second, an intimate evening will be spent upstairs starting at 8pm with Mr. Morris over a private four-course prix fixe dinner. Bourbon cocktail pairings will be served throughout the meal.
Poached lobster with vanillacorn velvet, micro basil, popcorn
Pecan-smoked scallop with sorghum Kentuckyaki, seaweed salad, radishes
Pork belly with creamed young collards, blood orange marmalade
Venison schnitzel with green tomato chimmichurri, Red Mule grits
Cider-braised beef cheek with mushroom-buttered egg noodles, rainbow carrot confit, horseradish crema
Caramel apple toffee cake with marcona almonds
The cost of the dinner is $100 per person.
Purchase a ticket to both for $125--save $15!
South City Kitchen Midtown (View)
1144 Crescent Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|