Normal Newborn Baby with Sarah Tyack RN, BSW, IBCLC
Sarah Tyack RN, BSW, IBCLC is a registered nurse, for over 20 years and a certified lactation consultant for 16 years. She started an LC dept at Virginia Mas hospital also about 20 years ago. Sarah wants to be more involved in the doula community as a resource an RN.
Here is the overview of information doulas will gain from attending this class:
1. Be able to know when babies are getting enough to eat. This will include amount of stools and wet diapers.
2. Normal eating times, parameters. Will also address formula.
3. Skin: normal jaundice, rashes, acne, mongolian spots.
4. Newest research on safe sleeping and SIDS.
5. How is growth different for a breastfed baby vs a formula fed baby.
6. Normal milestones for babies, birth to 6 months.
7. Are babies the ones who need to learn how to self-soothe or is it the parents who need to learn how to self-soothe?
8. Normal parental anxiety and how doulas can help parents deal with this. Anxiety can lead to postpartum depression.
General Admission: $15
NAPS Member: $10
2100 24th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|