Charleston Pirate Tour December 2013
"The Pirate Tour was the highlight of our entire trip to SC...You always know you are on the right tour, when other tours stop to look at yours!" The Mason Family
In authentic costume & accompanied by Capt. Bob, the parrot, Eric Lavender shares stories of the pirates who plundered, partied, and perished in Charles Towne. Eric brings Charleston's Golden Age of Piracy to life with stories of Blackbeard's siege of the city, the capture and execution of Stede Bonnet and other pirates, the romance between Calico Jack and Anne Bonny, and much more! Anne Bonny actually grew up in the Charleston area, and there is evidence that Blackbeard was was born nearby! Along the way, you'll also learn about some of the city's most historical buildings and events.
The tour begins in the National Landmark Powder Magazine Museum, the oldest public building in the Carolinas. Admission to the Museum is included! We also have a special partnership with the Old Exchange Building & Provost Dungeon, which allows us to offer a discounted package that includes a guided tour of the Exchange and Dungeon.
"We had several tours of Charleston and I must say ERIC IS THE BEST TOUR GUIDE IN TOWN!!!!! We learned more about the city and pirates than we could have ever dreamed and had fun doing it. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I have to see that I think this tour was the best that we have ever taken. The information was fascinating and the layout of the tour took into account a great blend of sitting vs standing--and even where it was shady! It was an amazing tour that even kept my 14-year-old daughter interested--and she isn't a history buff."
"Eric's historical knowledge is impressive, but I was more impressed with his as a storyteller. Malaika and I kept remembering Eric quotes for several days and got a lot of laughs. We have already recommended your tour to other people."
"Eric is an exceptional story teller. It was a riot to walk around the old cobblestoned streets behind our authentic pirate guide, who showed us taverns and hidden spots and the dungeon connected with pirate lore. It was a great value for the money, and will remain one of our best memories of Charleston, ever!"
Customized, Private and Group tours are available. For information on these services, please call 843-442-7299.
- All sales are final. You may reschedule your tour (based on availability) with 24 hours notice.
- This is a 2-hour walking tour with a limit of 20 people. Children under 18 must be accompanied by adult.
- Military, Senior (65+), and Children discounts may not be combined with other discounts. Military ticket-holders may be asked to present ID at the time of check-in.
- Tours run rain or shine, but if we have hazardous weather, we will cancel the tour. If that happens, you may reschedule your tour (based on availability). If you cannot reschedule, we will refund your purchase.
- We do appreciate a phone number and/or email address where we can contact you on the day of the tour in the event of a cancellation.
- This is a walking tour, so please dress accordingly. During warm weather, we suggest you bring water or purchase a bottle at the Powder Magazine at the beginning of the tour.
- Children are more than welcome! Tickets for children under 4 are free, but they still need a ticket, so please make sure you include free tickets for the young ones on your order.
- The health & well-being of Captain Bob are priorities for us, so please understand that we cannot guarantee his appearance on every tour. Bob does not tour if the temperature is below 65. Also, we do not force Bob to tour. As with animals in other animal interaction programs, at times, Bob just does not want to participate. Please keep this in mind, as we do not offer refunds if Captain Bob cannot participate in your scheduled tour.
- The tour route is in public areas over which we have no control. Charleston Pirate Tours is not responsible and cannot be held liable for behavior of the public, other tour patrons, or any accidents during the tour.
Powder Magazine Museum (View)
79 Cumberland St.
Charleston, SC 29401
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|