WALKING THE TALK: Tools for Sustainable Landscapes|
Hear about the latest developments in landscape sustainability.
- How are definitions of 'sustainable' and 'organic' landscapes evolving?
- What is the new Washington Sustainable Landscape Professional Certification and how can it help you?
- What are the latest regulations and how can you be more effective in working with them?
- How can you take advantage of emerging opportunities?
Stay informed, stay current, hone your edge!
- Learn how to successfully communicate with your clients about sustainable and organic landscape practices.
- Practice creating Landscape Management Plans (LMP) from the viewpoints of all parties involved.
- Emerging Topics: Hear about biochar - research and benefits.
- Find out what state-of-the-art mulch mowing equipment makes possible; learn how to get rebates for new equipment.
- Network and connect! Informal networking activities scheduled throughout the day.
The cost of this full day workshop is $30, including all sessions, breakfast, lunch and an end of day snack. For half day admission, either morning or afternoon, the cost is $15.
CHOOSE ONE OF FOUR AFTERNOON TRACKS!
Pesticide re-certification and continuing education credits will be offered.
For more information and to view the full brochure, go to www.seattle.gov/util/proipm
South Seattle Community College, The Brockey Conference Center (View)
6000 16th Avenue Southwest
Seattle, WA 98106
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|