Sherlock Prom 2013
Oh, prom. The decorations. The music. The dancing. The Deerstalkers.
Wait a minute...
That's right, it's a Sherlock Holmes themed prom party!
Join us for a prom unlike any other! This is the first annual Sherlock Prom, and it's co-sponsored by SherlockNYC and The Baker Street Babes.
The theme is Sherlock Holmes, but that doesn't mean you need to be a fan. Attending just because you'd like to go to a prom event is okay. But if you are a fan, all the better! It's all fine.
Come enjoy an evening of dressing up and merriment with friends, new and old!
- Ticket price is $15 for General Admission and $25 for VIP level PER GUEST. This will cover some of the decorations and food, but a portion of the proceeds from this event also goes towards charity. So if you'd like to donate more at the event, please do so! There will be a donation area set-up. Every little bit helps.
- Dress code: Formal or semi-formal required. Please be at least semi-formal. You do not, I repeat, DO NOT need to follow the Sherlock Holmes theme with your attire. Regular outfits you'd wear to a semi-formal or prom or general "dress up" event are perfectly fine. But there might be prizes for those who do follow the Holmes theme, along with other possible prize categories. (Best Dressed, Most Creative Use of Duct Tape, that sort of thing. To be decided. IT'S A SURPRISE).
- The event is all ages. We will not be serving alcohol. If anyone underage brings alcohol and is caught, they will be immediately escorted out of the event.
- Bringing a "plus one" of any gender or relationship type is absolutely allowed! What kind of prom would this be otherwise? You may also bring a cardboard cutout if that suits your fancy. Whatever. You get the point. But they MUST BUY A TICKET (Unless they're a cardboard cutout, I guess).
- We are planning to serve various desserts and other light fare at this event. Don't expect a full meal of any sort unless we raise a bunch of money or someone offers to donate a ton of food.
- The charitable beneficiary of this event is Pathways to Housing NY, the New York branch of a national organization that utilizes the Housing First model to alleviate homelessness. Pathways NY is currently providing housing and services for 750 formerly homeless New Yorkers. There will also be donation materials at the event, and a special themed gift will be awarded to a limited number of people who donate and to ANY VIP level guests. If you would like to know more about Pathways to Housing NY, please visitwww.pathwaystohousingny.org.
- VIP guests will also receive other gifts, and will be listed on our VIP listing in the prom program given to all guests as well as our "Brag Board," which will be displayed at the event.
- YOU CANNOT BE BORING. What would Sherlock think?!
Note: The fee included in your ticket price DOES NOT go towards the Sherlock Prom Committee or Pathways to Housing NYC. That fee is added in by BPT.
111 Central Park North (View)
111 Central Park North, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10026
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|